LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
In AZ, and a lot of other states, the sales tax credit for trade-ins is worth about $5,000 by itself if getting $55K on a trade when going to a dealer. I’d have to get over $60K to avoid trading it in.

Don’t shoot me but for whatever reason I’ve been eyeing the Trail Boss LT in Shadow Gray like below with a 6.2/10 speed. I really don’t need this truck for towing as I have no fifth wheel and don’t intend to tow anything more than about a 8,000lb boat plus trailer which ends up being around 11,000lb with fuel in it. If I get an RV my wife uses the restroom so much on road trips it’d be nice to drive a class A/C so we’re looking at a Tiffin Allegro Red 33/37 for that so she can piss while I keep on driving and don’t have to pull over every time like with a tag trailer or fifth wheel.

Around here I can get 20% or close to it off sticker on a fully loaded $58K trail boss meaning $47K or so and go straight across with the trade in for a brand new truck meaning no payment or cash out of pocket and maybe cash back in my pocket for tonneau cover/tint/JL Sub

94a2602dda708a05e09bbffa75388a03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I like the new trail boss trucks myself. I do wish GM had updated their interiors a bit more for the new trucks. But, last I checked, unless you can special order it the 6.2 isn’t offered in the trail boss trucks. Only an LTZ or High Country. Now the new AT4 on the other hand....

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Yeah I don’t love the center stack but it won’t be my truck forever just for now if I can turn a deal on one.

And yes, starting 2020 model year you can get the Trail Boss with the 6.2/10 speed but most dealers only stock the 5.3 so I’ll most likely end up ordering one. I’m friends with the owner of Courtesy Chevrolet so I’m chatting with him today about what we can do.

Anybody want my truck for $60K?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That was the quickest $20k price drop I've ever seen! List it on Facebook in one of the diesel groups. Some young guy that makes more money than he knows what to do with may fall in love with it; it's a really nice truck. Good luck with the sale and the new truck. Unlike most it seems, I actually like the new body style (yes, even the HD trucks, call me crazy).

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Test drive that 6.2/10 speed first or do the 24 hour test drive. I know alot of people who hate the shift strategy in that trans. Suck to drop the coin or trade in your new rig only to hate how the new truck drives.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’d love to test drive one but I’m having an extremely hard time finding a 6.2 as everyone stocks 5.3s.

Don’t have Facebook but I might have my wife post it up we’ll see what the dealer can do today. At the very least if I order a truck I’ll have this for another 6-8 weeks and can sell it in that time as well if I want to. That will give me enough time to get a 1/4 mile run or two in and a dyno session as well.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’d love to test drive one but I’m having an extremely hard time finding a 6.2 as everyone stocks 5.3s.

Don’t have Facebook but I might have my wife post it up we’ll see what the dealer can do today. At the very least if I order a truck I’ll have this for another 6-8 weeks and can sell it in that time as well if I want to. That will give me enough time to get a 1/4 mile run or two in and a dyno session as well.

boy i wish. :rofl: 4 months in and last week i was once again told " they changed the code and its back in production" :roflmao:.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
boy i wish. :rofl: 4 months in and last week i was once again told " they changed the code and its back in production" :roflmao:.

When I ordered this current truck it was 5 weeks from order to delivery. I made sure Van GMC had allocation though before I placed the order so I didn't get put at the back of the line. Also, the UAW wasn't striking then either.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
When I ordered this current truck it was 5 weeks from order to delivery. I made sure Van GMC had allocation though before I placed the order so I didn't get put at the back of the line. Also, the UAW wasn't striking then either.

yeah its a combo of things hitting this truck. all good though. i got nothing but time :D

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
First dealer has seen it and is working on numbers. I’ll go to two more dealers today and tomorrow and we’ll see what they want to do.

LML6600DMAX

Dec 9, 2015
Seems like around here the dealers stock more AT4s with 6.2 than trailbosses.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
First dealer called. Offered $50K for trade in, MSRP on the new truck is $59,900 how I built it and they want to sell it at $53,500 basically so out of pocket is $3,900 or so. Told them no way I want cash back if anything. Checking two more dealers today and tomorrow and if they can’t be even or positive on cash flow then I’ll list it for private sale and see how that goes. First dealer even offered to loan me a new truck to drive for two months until the order shows up so they could market the one I have.