LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
My kit is from Jason at WCFab. Wonder if that piece would work with my kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Whose kit is it anyways. Way too many posts back for me to find it lol.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
OK so I spoke to WCFab and they said that they have tried that bracket to the accessory cover but they’ve had issues with welds breaking so they just suggested raising the idle to about 800 which shouldn’t be too high to shift in and out of gear from Park.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It's only 5 posts back... :D WCFab :thumb:

Ha. I must’ve missed it when the stupid ad in tapatalk populated and shuffled everything around.

I wonder if this is a common problem with their kits or a one off?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
They said LMLs are more prone to the resonance than others for whatever reason. I don’t remember my LMM with the SDP kit doing it.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
So after 12,000 miles my WCFAB/S&B dry air filter is totally filthy and starting to deform from the suction resistance. It isn’t cleanable and to order another one with the outerwear shipped was like $125 from Wehrli. I would have to do this twice a year with the mileage I drive.

My solution is I just ordered from S&B two of their part # R1298 cleanable/red oil filters, almost exact same dimensions as the one I got with my kit, for $84.54 shipped to Phoenix. I already have the cleaning solution and the oil so I should be set there.

Anybody have issues with oiled filters on twin turbo applications?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
long as you stay out of heavy dust and dont go romping around in the dunes, you will be fine. I run the AFE 7 layer filter that is oiled, biggest one they make. i clean it every oil change (3-5k), it attracts alot of crap with the oil on there.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I switched to Power Driven Diesel's air filter and man is that thing impressive. It's a cleanable dry filter that I've seen little pressure drop across the filter. I am monitoring intake vacuum/pressure and temperature pre-charger.

Reactions: Rusty H

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I switched to Power Driven Diesel's air filter and man is that thing impressive. It's a cleanable dry filter that I've seen little pressure drop across the filter. I am monitoring intake vacuum/pressure and temperature pre-charger.

I see it but it’s back ordered.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I got a prefilter screen with my new to me s&b oiled filter and for the first time ever I actually sucked my filter minder into the red. That screen was filthy. Happy with the results.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would rather see some pressure drop than next to nothing. You can’t fit a big enough filter under our hoods that will flow the air needed for no pressure drop and still filter extremely well. The only way to negate that is to open up the pours of the media or less filter media, means less filtering power.

Not good

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I was running an AFE prodry, recently bought one of the Power driven / R2C filters and crammed it in there. Don't have much time on it, but the R2C I have in the Rzr has been doing great

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I would rather see some pressure drop than next to nothing. You can’t fit a big enough filter under our hoods that will flow the air needed for no pressure drop and still filter extremely well. The only way to negate that is to open up the pours of the media or less filter media, means less filtering power.

Not good

PDD claims that their filtering media (on the "Dust Bowl" line up) is extremely efficient. I will say, with their "Dust Bowl" on my LLY at DPC I saw ~1psi max and it kept all the soot out of the engine when I was on the dyno and blacked the room out at ~40psi of boost (fuel economy test). With their "Performer" filter I saw ~0.6psi on the sled pull at ~58psi of boost but they also do tell you that it isn't a daily driver filter.

I'm not saying they are the be-all-end-all but I definitely think they are the best compromise in regards to filtering quality and ease of use. A large high quality paper filter IMO is almost unbeatable BUT they are throw away items every single time.