69c1f05e8c1df603f2d8008c2554239b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I missed it in the mix somewhere. What turbos did you put on it?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
SDP’s kit is straight out from the turbo. Just got a little metal housing between the turbo and filter for the maf.

Compounds definitely took the loud grumble out of my exhaust tone, I really miss it, but the whistle makes up for it!

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
with both turbos is the exhaust fairly quiet? I love how loud mine is with the 5" but i also want turbos

Very quiet with both turbos and the muffler still in. Muffler delete pipe shows up today but not sure I can install it because of my resonator delete pipe not being right and I’m missing a middle piece I had in there before install.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Well, got on her this morning on my way to work and although it put a smile on my face I got a CEL for the second time in two days for just one code,

the P003A. What can I do about this? As far as I can tell it could mean a bad turbo or a bad vane position sensor although BTD put a brand new vane position sensor in it because they were getting the same code. Also, they did relearn it and it only relearned with the old VPS so they took that out of my core and installed in the new one.

Thinking there might be a problem with the Stealth 64 as Blake pointed out the vains didn’t seem to be opening up when they should be and the MAF was reading low when I sent him some logs so if it’s true that there’s a problem with this turbo I’m sending it back and I’m putting in a Danville which I probably should’ve done in the first place.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Thinking there might be a problem with the Stealth 64 as Blake pointed out the veins didn’t seem to be opening up when they should be and the MAF was reading low when I sent him some logs so if it’s true that there’s a problem with this turbo I’m sending it back and I’m putting in a Danville which I probably should’ve done in the first place.

I would suggest the Danville turbo. His stuff is top quality. Buddy of mine got a stealth that was machined wrong right out of the gate and the replacement wasn’t any better so he went Danville and hasn’t looked back.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I would suggest the Danville turbo. His stuff is top quality. Buddy of mine got a stealth that was machined wrong right out of the gate and the replacement wasn’t any better so he went Danville and hasn’t looked back.

Is it a real PIA to remove the stock turbo? I talked wot Danville this morning and they said I would need to install an oil feed line from a galley on the driver side of the block as the one on the passenger side is being used for the S480. Also, hearing wierd noises from the tail pipe as well.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Interested in this ^^^ as well, regarding oil feed for the valley turbo. Which galley are you guys using on the driver side to feed it, since I’m pulling off of the front galley on the passenger side for the atmo turbo.

Hope this isn’t too much of a thread-jack, OP.

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
The stock turbo is pretty easy to get out. especially since you have everything deleted and removed. Everything is just a little time consuming. Its always nice to have a helping hand that's forsure.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Is it a real PIA to remove the stock turbo? I talked wot Danville this morning and they said I would need to install an oil feed line from a galley on the driver side of the block as the one on the passenger side is being used for the S480. Also, hearing wierd noises from the tail pipe as well.

it aint the easiest but aint the hardest. an A/C shop will ease your frustration :D :roflmao:. get the down pipe out of the way and intake, pull the up pipes, pull the two nuts that hold the oil drain tube to the mid plate (under where the up pipes connected to the turbo), undo the oil feed line from the top of the turbo and move off to the side, then snake a 17mm socket on a wobbly in to get the turbo mount bolts out. Y bridge may or may not have to come out depending on how far the cowl of the truck sticks over the turbo. being everything is freshly done, you shouldnt have seized up bolts unless they are cross theaded.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Great to hear James. Got $ for you if you want to do it. Just talked with DT and they’re going to talk with their VP and figure out this return because I already sent the core turbo back and I want to take this thing out before it blows up and ruins my 480 or anything else