LML Twins and Opinions

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's my go-to tire. I've been getting 45-50k out of the old Terra Grapplers. I put a set of G2s on a year ago that I just had rotated last weekend. When they measured the tread depth, the fronts showed 14/32, and the rear showed 12/32 after 10k miles (new is 16/32). They should have no trouble making it the same distance if not further.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
That's my go-to tire. I've been getting 45-50k out of the old Terra Grapplers. I put a set of G2s on a year ago that I just had rotated last weekend. When they measured the tread depth, the fronts showed 14/32, and the rear showed 12/32 after 10k miles (new is 16/32). They should have no trouble making it the same distance if not further.

Damn, I didn't know they were holding up that well.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010

This tire and wheel combination is the same height as the Toyos, .75 inches narrower, will be much quieter, have a tread life warranty, hold 440lbs more each in weight capacity, will last longer, the wheels are big enough to fit the Wilwood brakes and because each corner is 17lbs lighter a piece, I'll get better fuel mileage, better acceleration, better deceleration and a better ride hopefully as well because of the decreased unsprung weight.

BTW, Mr. WheelDeal killed everybody including Discount and RimzOne on their prices.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Oh and they're also rated for 112MPH as opposed to my current 99MPH. Hit 122MPH passing some people coming back from Utah last weekend and I was scared the whole time my tires were going to let go. Ill have to put them on this afternoon as the truck is at the audio shop having all of the JL stuff in my sig installed. Should sound a little better than the Bose and Kicker sub I had in it previous.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This tire and wheel combination is the same height as the Toyos, .75 inches narrower, will be much quieter, have a tread life warranty, hold 440lbs more each in weight capacity, will last longer, the wheels are big enough to fit the Wilwood brakes and because each corner is 17lbs lighter a piece, I'll get better fuel mileage, better acceleration, better deceleration and a better ride hopefully as well because of the decreased unsprung weight.

BTW, Mr. WheelDeal killed everybody including Discount and RimzOne on their prices.

but there is one fatal flaw....

they just dont look as good :D:hug:. Those new ones actually look pretty nice. i was really hoping you wouldnt go big ass stretched bead american forged route. Glad you didnt. :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
but there is one fatal flaw....

they just dont look as good :D:hug:. Those new ones actually look pretty nice. i was really hoping you wouldnt go big ass stretched bead american forged route. Glad you didnt. :D

I'm disappointed because I was hoping he would! :spit:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
You're right James, the MTs, especially on the little 17s, look amazing IMHO. However, I can't stand the noise, the weight and the ride of them any longer so I'm switching as you can see. Also, I would never be caught in a "Stanced" truck with "stretched" tires. I fugging hate them to be honest and it pains me to see that most of the SEMA trucks now a days fit that description. AFs are over rated and have no dimension to them, they are 2 dimensional.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I've got a set of the G2's I put on May 2017 and have about 35k on them with 6/32 and 8/32, rotated every 7,500. You could easily get 50k out of them with "normal" driving, i'm not nice to mine.

Nice wheel and tire choice and a cool build to follow along with :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You're right James, the MTs, especially on the little 17s, look amazing IMHO. However, I can't stand the noise, the weight and the ride of them any longer so I'm switching as you can see. Also, I would never be caught in a "Stanced" truck with "stretched" tires. I fugging hate them to be honest and it pains me to see that most of the SEMA trucks now a days fit that description. AFs are over rated and have no dimension to them, they are 2 dimensional.

Thank god there are still people like us :rofl:. Should have tried KM2's or KM3's... those were WAY louder than the toyo MT's. The toyo's are heavy as hell though. i have not weighed mine but with the old KM2's and my heavy ass Walkers, they were 120lbs per tire/wheel. The toyos are 15lbs heavier than the old km2's (doesnt help i went wider). i might steal the bathroom scale and weigh one next time i roll the truck out to work on it :roflmao:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
03ed350cdd31ef020ca40180ad129ebe.jpg

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
On the highway just now I passed somebody I got a P262B code and a P003A code. does anybody know what the first one is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
this is what came up on a quick google search. control module power off timer performance

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
another thing says to check to make sure the battery cables are tight, and then to check the power and grounds to the ecm. clear the code and check again.