LML EFI Flash. Kory Willis

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
kory,
were you able to get the table defined in the lml that shows the difference in actual vs desired rail pressure and the allowed amount before they limp.
I know its not much and why a dmax falls on its face when they get too far apart.
I am kinda thinking since the ford 6.7 doesn't have it thats why they are scoring bores in the cp4.2 pumps and gm lml are not.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
kory,
were you able to get the table defined in the lml that shows the difference in actual vs desired rail pressure and the allowed amount before they limp.
I know its not much and why a dmax falls on its face when they get too far apart.
I am kinda thinking since the ford 6.7 doesn't have it thats why they are scoring bores in the cp4.2 pumps and gm lml are not.

Yes, I now have full control over threshholds and the pressure system.. Reg(s) etc.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
There metric which is easily overcome. Coupling the two together is not an issue, it's tuning it In is where the fun starts.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
H&S is testing the dual pump stuff... So as always we just try to do things a little different and I think the market can grow even quicker with us testing something different on it. I can assure you we will not lack fuel by any means. Should have enough to scatter engine parts all across the land. Lol!

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Good Point Ben, Whats interesting too me is why Bosch decided to do it with the 4.2. One Feed per rail. I agree a bridge would be logical so the IP's would share the burden. Just with what I have been playing with on my own pump, keeping a continuous supply of fuel on the low side seems to improve the efficiency of delivery to the rails. Pure speculation on my part, for this poor ass boy doesn't have a tech 2 to watch things :D

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
no, guys, jkholder09 is just being an idiot and feeding people misinformation once again. :rolleyes:

the LML CP4.2 does not feed each rail independently. Think about it; feeding each rail independantly would be a terrible idea on so many levels. How would you be assured that each rail is running identical pressure? You would need twice as many fuel pressure regulators, two rail pressure sensors, etc...

If you want the illustrated version, here ya go. The CP4.2 has two outputs, yeah, but they both feed the passenger side rail, and then there is a crossover pipe to the driver side rail.

Attachments

• 2681190.gif
    2681190.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 67