LML build finally runs.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What rings are you using on the LML pistons? Can you use standard Mahle rings? GM wants like ~$75 a hole for rings :roflmao:

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
The engine is doing great. I've slowly been getting the tuning dialed in and getting all the sled pulling stuff off the truck. I think I've finally got everything done. The setup drives great and is a blast on the street. When it was colder out, starting was an issue. With the delipped pistons , "D" grade gaskets and no intake heater or glow plugs, anything below 35 degrees wasn't gonna happen. But I don't plan to drive in in the winter anyway. But unfortunately with work and everything else going on I don't get to drive it very often.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Any update on this? How is it running? I'm contemplating running LML pistons in my truck and curious how they are holding up

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
Nothings changed, haven't drove it since the last update. I started it last week to make sure the battery wasn't dead, that's about it.

The joys of being the mechanic for everyone else hahaha, I`m in the same boat with my truck, she always gets put on the bottom of the list. Customers first

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What do you estimate your making for power with it the way it sits right now?

maxed out

Oct 3, 2011
any one have a part number for the current bearings then ? could you just use the vin from a 12 truck to order them ? sounds like a good alternative to the cracked lbz pistons I have now

05Monsterdmax

May 31, 2011
Interested in these numbers also... How do these rods differ from traditional lbz Rods? I've got s480 twins on my lly. Bent a rod so in the works of rebuilding it.. Was doing lbz Rods but this has me thinking... Any input? Been researching trying to find info on these rods and pistons to see if they will hold up, can't find much talk on it yet