EFILive LBZ Switch instructions

Below are some instructions for the LBZ DSP switch. These instructions will not be the same for LMM.

DSP2 switch is on Connector 1, pin 52
DSP5 switch is on Connector 1, pin 46

The ECM itself has the pin numbers printed on it to ensure they have the correct pin.
As a reference to make sure they are going in to the correct pins, pin 47 should have a Grey wire in it already and Pin 53 should have a Yellow/Black wire in it.

The switches themselves are done the same way as the LB7/LLY DSP, so use the details in the existing DSP tutorial as a reference (You'll find this in both the scan and tune tools under HELP>TUTORIALS or as a download on our website).

Given the switches are the same as LB7/LLY you can purchase a switch from an EFILive vendor, just check and make sure they have the new pins in stock. If they don't you can source the pins from your GM service department (not spare parts), the Pin is in Tray 19, and the Terminal part number is 1928498135.

This should be enough information to get you started.

Cheers
Cindy

Attachments

• E35 Connector 1.jpg
    E35 Connector 1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 176

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
In Cindys post she stated that there should be a gray wire in one and a black/yellow in the other :confused:

re-read the post, those colors are what is next to the OPEN slots for the pins. look at the pin numbers she mentioned :)

trust me, nothing is in the slots that we are using until we put the pins in there.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
re-read the post, those colors are what is next to the OPEN slots for the pins. look at the pin numbers she mentioned :)

trust me, nothing is in the slots that we are using until we put the pins in there.

Oh ok thanks for clearin that up for me. That makes sense.

bushmaster

Aug 21, 2009
out of curiosity, how does the DSP switch work exactly? when you build tunes on EFI does the ECM hold multiple tunes and you can program each position on the switch to a different tune so that it will switch the ECM to the switch positions specific tune??

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
out of curiosity, how does the DSP switch work exactly? when you build tunes on EFI does the ECM hold multiple tunes and you can program each position on the switch to a different tune so that it will switch the ECM to the switch positions specific tune??

You build a tune with an os developed by EFI and it holds basically 5 tunes in it. Then how ever many volts the os reads from the switch it picks that set of tables. The 5 position switch has resistors built in to limit volts at each stage so the os knows which tables to select. Basically.

bushmaster

Aug 21, 2009
wow, sounds confusing, maybe when i pick up my EFI Live and try to do this i will seek some help. especially seeing as right now i dont even really understand EFI, but wanting to learn

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
just curious, ive heard the term OS before and think i know what it is basically... but always wanted to know what it abrreviate?? origional script?

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
This is freaking bad ass no more having to stop at parking lots and turning the truck up and no more wishing the truck was turned up at red lights im glad this finally came out