L5P L5P Tuning

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Just to clarify, I am not specifically accusing any individual of any wrong doing, I am simply stating that if you look at the TUNE FILE as a propriety file, it would be no different than if a manufacturer of a food product or software product did not take steps to secure/protect their recipe/code.

Theft happens everywhere, but as a matter of policy, I will not utilize a cloud based system, as I lose all control over my intellectual property once I upload it, and enough people in the industry are already known thieves and have been caught with Google Drives full of tune files from the major tuners.

So again, I choose not to be in a position where I have sent files to a cloud and then lost control of them.

In addition to those concerns, I do not tune FORDS, and the Cummins switchable tuning is not true CSP5 or CSP4 or CSP2, its a SOTF type fuel limiting file, which IMHO is not as beneficial as a true custom OS is from EFI-LIVE.

I am not slamming EZ-LYNK, but we get calls daily, and emails daily, people want to switch to my company and tuning and still use their EZ-LYNK............not going to be something I can offer them.

I started in 2005 with EFI-LIVE, and I am still loyal to them and happy with them 13 years later.

:thumb:

Any chance EZlynk changes their policies and allows the tuner to lock the file?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
As a consumer, the EZ Lync platform concerns me as well. With EFILive, once the controller is licensed, I can swap tunes all day with no internet. They could even go out of business. But the EZ Lync requires internet. What happens if they go out of business? Can I even restore my stock file? Probably not...

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Any chance EZlynk changes their policies and allows the tuner to lock the file?

I highly doubt it, the process in which they link to vehicles and create the correct file for the target vehicle is why the file has to be a true binary and uploaded, it is also why the tune files will only link and self compile if you pay/use the tuncals file.

The Company is actually 3 parts, the hardware is EZ-LYNK, then you have to purchase tokens to link to a vehicle, which is essentially a VIN License more or less, then pay to use their FILES to self Link.

So its quite a bit of $$$$$$ to offer support for a single vehicle, as its got a different structure to get the tune to the consumer.

Again, its not a bash on them, just an explanation to the question asked.

But either way, I do not see myself offering Support thru EZ-Lynk

:thumb:

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I've looked at it a little also, the tuning platform has to have a internet connection and didn't like that part of it. The ease of working with the tables just is not there either like the EFILive stuff, there is a few calibrations we don't have in EFILive without a CAX file but EFILive also has a lot more available without custom mapping. So is it true that unless your :hug: with the innner circle jerk crowd you have less available calibrations I just figured you were on your own adding the tables you need :confused:. I still haven't seen the data log portion of it.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
What is done in the dark will always be brought to the light!
Thanks for the info fellas.
I don’t blame you one bit for staying far away from that powder keg
Can’t stand when I invest time training someone who works for me and teach them all my tricks just to have them go work for a competitor for more $$
SSDD ;)

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
So is it true that unless your :hug: with the innner circle jerk crowd you have less available calibrations I just figured you were on your own adding the tables you need :confused:. I still haven't seen the data log portion of it.

I've often pondered the same question. It gets annoying as to how many tables we don't have access to. I called a tuner once about buying a base tune and was told it would contain proprietary information. That has always made me wonder if us average folks get shafted from all the tables.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don’t think you guys realize the amount of tables newer trucks have. To populate, understand and give proper orientation to for every tuner or consumer to use would be extremely costly. If you want all the tables, it’s time to start learning hex code and talking to the right people to get you a hex file unless you want to yank them your self. You can then populate tables into efi live but you damn sure need to make sure they are tables you think they are.

I’ve seen the missing tables we don’t have in just the 5 speed trans tcm and holy shit, it’s more than we need but there are tables we do need now that things have gotten more sophisticated over the years.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I don’t think you guys realize the amount of tables newer trucks have. To populate, understand and give proper orientation to for every tuner or consumer to use would be extremely costly. If you want all the tables, it’s time to start learning hex code and talking to the right people to get you a hex file unless you want to yank them your self. You can then populate tables into efi live but you damn sure need to make sure they are tables you think they are.

I’ve seen the missing tables we don’t have in just the 5 speed trans tcm and holy shit, it’s more than we need but there are tables we do need now that things have gotten more sophisticated over the years.

I call bullshit... :D :roflmao:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You really want to know how "shafted" we are on the tables available you should get into the Bosch standalone tuning! The Bosch Motorsports MS15.1 Standalone is a factory Bosch controller with all the bullshit stripped and removed and it only has the necessary tables needed to make it run correctly and get the job done and it makes what we have look like an old juice with attitude! The fuel pump controls alone in the Bosch has more tables almost than the entire tune file for an lbz in efilive. Wish I was smart when it came to hex but that's not me at all.

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
I've heard what we have is pretty the bare minimum sort of speak.

SO is it a situation where smart guys have found more tables, that are useful to them, than what efi live offers? Or is it a situation where the big name guys, who have showed business loyalty, get rewarded with possible extra tables? I can't help but wonder :)

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

SO is it a situation where smart guys have found more tables, that are useful to them, than what efi live offers? Or is it a situation where the big name guys, who have showed business loyalty, get rewarded with possible extra tables? I can't help but wonder :)

I think it’s just people have found the tables they needed. How long were we waiting for TCC apply slip tables. None of the tuners offered that until Efi live added it. Unless they only used it for themselves lol.

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Thats pretty cool guys have the patience to go digging for tables that they desire. A guy can see why some of these guys take their tuning very seriously. I can see how it can easily turn into a strong passion. Alot of time and dedication.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think it’s just people have found the tables they needed. How long were we waiting for TCC apply slip tables. None of the tuners offered that until Efi live added it. Unless they only used it for themselves lol.

Yup and then it was said that the 01 os couldn’t have the TCc lock up tables found yet Josh found them and has been working on them

It’s smart guys that have found them and know how to plug them into an interface like efi live. Kory, josh and a few others started hacking bin files to get the hex and start looking for more tables back when the lmm started getting ghost codes for weird stuff. Then they really got into it when the lml had half the tables needed to run right with aftermarket chargers and what not.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

Ross to my knowledge does not play favorites as far as adding tables for some and not all.

Most of us have dug into HEX and figured out what we needed.

I have learned a lot in 4 years, it would be easier if I could get info from GM, but some of us don't have those connections.

:(

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
My ignorance always assumed the guys at efi live, as you said, play favorites. I now have a whole new view on you professional tuners :D. I wish I were mart enough, and had the equipment to hack ecm's and find new tables. Man that'd be cool.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

I don't remember his name, but the guys at efilive didn't find those tables, an individual did, shared it with them, and then they added part of what he showed screen shots of(he set his up so the lockup tables went up way past 600 so you could dial lockup in at the higher slippage levels). Efilive has admitted they do there best to provide enough tables to build an acceptable custom tune for the majority of those needing tuning. I just wish hex was easier to figure out as there is some more tcm tables I would like to have, Josh did me a huge favor with 1 of my issues, but the tempermental lockup is getting old as I can only get my swap to shift right with the 01 OS.