L5P L5P Tuning

Snipesy

Mar 5, 2016
My ignorance always assumed the guys at efi live, as you said, play favorites. I now have a whole new view on you professional tuners :D. I wish I were mart enough, and had the equipment to hack ecm's and find new tables. Man that'd be cool.

I did it with nothing other than a flash scan and an obd link lx, and 010 editor.

Granted someone did supply me with reads for all the years and versions. Still, that's under $1000 setup.:eek: If you're really clever you can push that down to $100 with just an obdlink. And if you are ridiculously clever, around $5 for an STM chip.

I wouldn't recommend new people to get into it though. Future is not bright enough.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Is there a library of unencrypted dumps of all the stock OSes somewhere? I'd love to poke around at them, mainly out of curiosity.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I did it with nothing other than a flash scan and an obd link lx, and 010 editor.

Granted someone did supply me with reads for all the years and versions. Still, that's under $1000 setup.:eek: If you're really clever you can push that down to $100 with just an obdlink. And if you are ridiculously clever, around $5 for an STM chip.

I wouldn't recommend new people to get into it though. Future is not bright enough.

Good lord who are you???

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I added a S&B intake to the truck and with the banks it made 481RWHP. I went back to stock and did a before and after on the banks and then the S&B so the data would be from the same evening. So the combo is worth about 80HP.

My daughter raced it last weekend with the intake and tuner and went to the finals but lost with a -.010. It ran a best of 14.65 at 93mph, D/A was over 5000'

I weighed the truck and it was 8200lbs the way it sits.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I added a S&B intake to the truck and with the banks it made 481RWHP. I went back to stock and did a before and after on the banks and then the S&B so the data would be from the same evening. So the combo is worth about 80HP.

My daughter raced it last weekend with the intake and tuner and went to the finals but lost with a -.010. It ran a best of 14.65 at 93mph, D/A was over 5000'

I weighed the truck and it was 8200lbs the way it sits.

Can confirm that 480hp combo. Saw an 18 on the chassis dyno while at Banks last week. Exactly where it was with it.

Also saw a slightly modified E35 ECU controlling L5P's. Stand Alone Issue Solved... :poke:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Stand alone setups only.

I didn't know they had ditched Piezo injectors on L5P. So that changes things, for what I do at least.

However,,, the basic HS-GMLAN CANbus network data structure hasn't changed from I can tell. I'd have to do some captures off a new truck, but I'm gonna say a BCM mod at tops could get em talking. I'll go jack a truck next week and let ya know how it looks.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Had a customer ask me about recalibrating the speedo on his 18 l5p to 35s.

Mines not enough for me to care. Is there options?