JKF

May 25, 2011
wow, it's nice to see some familiar names on a different forum.
Justin, if they don't like it that you're doing tuning, they can get stuffed.
I'm having trouble with my tuning, it make my right foot act all wacko, some spasm that sends it to the floor, can't figure it out....:rofl:

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Nope, logs show no knock retard ever.

Before my EFI Live Scantool days, I had a 5.3 that was retarding the timing, but no codes or any other indicators. I had a obd2 GM scan tool I used to diagnose the truck. Due to the retarded timing I finally decided it was the knock sensors, to be honest I don't recall how I can to that conclusion at the time (This was 4 years ago maybe?). I replaced them and it fixed the truck, my friends complaint was similar.

Then again we're comparing a stock 5.3 to a motor with a lot of work and a better scan tool though.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
wow, it's nice to see some familiar names on a different forum.
Justin, if they don't like it that you're doing tuning, they can get stuffed.
I'm having trouble with my tuning, it make my right foot act all wacko, some spasm that sends it to the floor, can't figure it out....:rofl:

Shh... Don't tell the guys at DF I'm over here.

JKF

May 25, 2011
I will say, I have never been involved with a automotive community that is so hush hush about tuning. EVERY other tuning community shares tunes. Everybody gets better from it, and the sport benefits largely.
yeah, who was that guy on the DF that was gonna do a how to for a race tune, then backed off cause somebody threatened him? I would have done it just to be a jerk back at the guy that made the threat.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I will say, I have never been involved with a automotive community that is so hush hush about tuning. EVERY other tuning community shares tunes. Everybody gets better from it, and the sport benefits largely.
Information used to be shared freely, but since everyone is a tuner now, things aren't shared as openly. That isn't meant as a dig at you, but it is the truth.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
yeah, who was that guy on the DF that was gonna do a how to for a race tune, then backed off cause somebody threatened him? I would have done it just to be a jerk back at the guy that made the threat.

I may be wrong, but I think it was the #7 poster on this thread.

Edit: Verified I was correct.

Here is the quote from the DF thread.

Well from this thread came 2 threats, 1 job offer, and at least 10 phone calls from some big companies. They don't want this information public.

Long story short, this isn't happening.

I am sorry to everyone that was looking forward to this and I can still answer tuning related questions via PM.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Agreed..

Who says that he isnt working on it?
Cuz I know Steve and I have talked about it :thumb:

I was just answering his questions, I hope it does happen.

It's ok Brian, because we all know you're mad because I beat you with my stock LMM with DPF due to my secret weapon. I used Amsoil and we all know that Amsoil will give a truck 1000hp and make it run 8s stock. :roflmao:

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
Information used to be shared freely, but since everyone is a tuner now, things aren't shared as openly. That isn't meant as a dig at you, but it is the truth.

I wonder how many LBZ tunes started life as a "Wendy" tune? I wonder how many LLY's use McRat's timing tables?

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
im too lazy. Probably not till I pay for new tags in the winter :rofl:

I put a 3" drop shackle back in it instead of my 6" so it doesnt hit the frame anymore, but looks like a stinkbug :confused: :rofl:

You taking it to the track on the 17th or 18th (Whenever that Friday night is)? Maybe I can get a rental car and beat you with that? haha.. JK...