Industrial injection

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
thats why I run a Wicked Diesel pump... have you ever heard of a parts issue like this? I havent

I have heard the same happening to WD pumps, just not as quickly. It is because of the side load exerted on the cylinder walls because of the stroked cam. the walls of the modded pumps are not coated after they are bored, that is what Exergy is testing right now. I can't say that is exactly what has happened to mine, but it has been reported by many to be the problem in all big modified cp3's to date.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Guess I spoke too soon, went out testing the truck tonight....tried a new tune to see if we could fix the rp issues and this 150% cp3 is not holding crap for pressure now.
commanding 23000psi

1700 microsec = 22500psi
2100microsec= 17000psi
2600microsec = 13700psi

max of 109mm3

injectors are ~36lpm Exergy, balance rates are perfect.

That sucks to hear Tim.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Thanks for the call back Brady. Ill plan on shipping it out tomorrow.

Thanks also to Evan and Kayla for stopping and helping us out all night. But boy is it nice to havr a quiet truck and working lights again, lol

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I have heard the same happening to WD pumps, just not as quickly. It is because of the side load exerted on the cylinder walls because of the stroked cam. the walls of the modded pumps are not coated after they are bored, that is what Exergy is testing right now. I can't say that is exactly what has happened to mine, but it has been reported by many to be the problem in all big modified cp3's to date.

I know it's not alot of miles, but I have around 15k on my Wicked pump with no issues at all.

WICKED DIESELS

you need more fuel

If I were having failure's I would think that "I" would be the first to know, all of the failures in pumps I can count on 2 hands, I'm not sure what that represents for total sales, but it is 5 years worth.

These pumps are not bored, the sliding tappet design totally negates any side loading, unless you use a belt sander to machine your parts. And yes I have seen some seriously amateur machine work come from a certain companies pumps.

As for Exergy, I like all those guys but they are NOT breaking new ground on pumps. They have had help in the way of testing, and taking apart everyone else's product. Not a thing wrong with that, but some prefer to blaze their own trail.

It is a shame that greed gets the best of some companies.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Yeah I would hate for a company to invest money into gathering up all the current designs, testing them, and producing a product available to me that is the very best it could be.

PS, America.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
If I were having failure's I would think that "I" would be the first to know, all of the failures in pumps I can count on 2 hands, I'm not sure what that represents for total sales, but it is 5 years worth.

These pumps are not bored, the sliding tappet design totally negates any side loading, unless you use a belt sander to machine your parts. And yes I have seen some seriously amateur machine work come from a certain companies pumps.

As for Exergy, I like all those guys but they are NOT breaking new ground on pumps. They have had help in the way of testing, and taking apart everyone else's product. Not a thing wrong with that, but some prefer to blaze their own trail.

It is a shame that greed gets the best of some companies.

I will say that exergy injectors and pumps have been consistant from at least a Tuning standpoint....

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
120% pump

I know this is a very old thread new to this site all the research I've done has led me to get on her an post my luck we ot the first one in made it 170 miles let go it was a brand new pump industrial sent me back a reman pump let go within 10 miles The second pump I should have paid attention to rail went from 5 fluctuating to 11500 at idle the whole time while warmed up went to data log it for Kory this thing let go wouldn't hold rail nothing I have seen nothing but bad reviews kinda curious has anyone got refunded by this company as this is the last time I'm doing this I'm not doing a 3rd as they didn't honor me a new pump just a reman seems like they don't care a whole lot about their customers an wanted to point the blame on me or the person tuning it weird thing it's runs perfect with a stock lbz pump b can't run with industrials 120????