Info: How to Build a 10 Second Dmax:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - Three different drivers ran Casper into the 10's at Texas last year, did passes until they told us to stop. The converter was still working, but a touch loose due to having to sit on spooled on the start line while they tried to figure out how to start a Dodge Street Truck.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Pat can you give a ball park price with all this. say your roll bar helmet rods pistions race slicks and all.

Easily 40,000$

$20,000 built engine
$5,000 4 link
$2,000 dual cp3
$4,000 GT4202R
you still need a transmission Kurt you'll need billet shafts and P2 billet hub
$7,000 for transmission
$1,000 for slicks
$2,000 roll bar
plus this is not including any labor besides the transmission.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Easily 40,000$

$20,000 built engine
$5,000 4 link
$2,000 dual cp3
$4,000 GT4202R
you still need a transmission Kurt you'll need billet shafts and P2 billet hub
$7,000 for transmission
$1,000 for slicks
$2,000 roll bar
plus this is not including any labor besides the transmission.

Still need the price of the truck, single cab work trucks are hard to find, they are getting cheaper, but still at least in the 10K range. Think that is a bit low for the roll cage, at least way low for the one we put in the 02, that is probably over kill with the new rules. Be honest I quit keeping track, gave me a nose bleed.:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
What do you man by, "full trim"? To get mine to 6850 I had to take off some stuff including the extra battery, spare tire, tailgate and back seat. I weighed mine on the scale at Redding with me in it, and it was 6850. I weigh about 200. I had a big fuel tank however.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
What a great read pat, and obviously, we'd never be able to afford that. :rofl: And also, I can't seriously believe that people are coming on Pat's site and saying TTS is the best for LB7 :rofl::rofl:

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
:rofl:

You can't be serious.:rolleyes:
actually i am serious,i feel very certain i can back up my statements,can you.simple question how many 10 second passes has casper made?how many 10 second passes have other known dmaxes made?i expect casper has made a dozen or so and as far as i know the rest is a very short list.i also never said the extreme was the best in my opinion i do feel it is but i simply said it is a good option.and finally the not trying anything else what makes you say that.we have tried other flavors even those loved by this site.it was a smooth drive with great responce and perfect tranny shifts,but was still .3 tenths slower than the extreme in the 1/4.this was apple to apple tuning ie... also one more question why do you you mention the 120 mph in the 1/4 what is the problem with that?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Anyone know what an 02 crewcab shortbox weighs in full trim?

You're talking with everything still bolted on? Hitch and all? Just figure 7000lbs with a half tank of fuel as a general starting point.

actually i am serious,i feel very certain i can back up my statements,can you.simple question how many 10 second passes has casper made?how many 10 second passes have other known dmaxes made?i expect casper has made a dozen or so and as far as i know the rest is a very short list.i also never said the extreme was the best in my opinion i do feel it is but i simply said it is a good option.and finally the not trying anything else what makes you say that.we have tried other flavors even those loved by this site.it was a smooth drive with great responce and perfect tranny shifts,but was still .3 tenths slower than the extreme in the 1/4.this was apple to apple tuning ie... also one more question why do you you mention the 120 mph in the 1/4 what is the problem with that?

Jess, I thought you guys were running a "special" Extreme program to do what you've done? Even though the standard Extreme that was available was a very good high-perf program, I didnt think it was setup to handle a 10-sec truck. IIRC, Tony had to write a special program to get Keiths truck to go that low...it wasnt the regular Moonshine.

Keep in mind that most of the people that migrated here arent exactly Cole-friendly..the opinions will reflect that.

Last edited: