Info: How to Build a 10 Second Dmax:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
That might be the case but a Centerlink and Tie Rod sleeves are all that Casper has and he runs 10's so they aren't worth the time and money

But, the question is if your tierods are shot anyway would it be better to upgrade to the Cognito ones? I don't know I was asked that question yesterday.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
There are two sides to that story Kat, the OEM tie rods with sleeves hold up well and when they wear out or break you can go to the parts store to buy one or two that day. If you wear out, or God forbid, break a Cognito or Fabtech HD tierod, you will be forced to buy a factory replacement to get you by until you get the replacement HD setup... That is the down side to the HD style in my opinion. Otherwise, they are great.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
ttt - To answer a question in Smoke Signals. This thread is a year old, so some info might be dated.

Thank you Pat for swinging me over hear.

There are two sides to that story Kat, the OEM tie rods with sleeves hold up well and when they wear out or break you can go to the parts store to buy one or two that day. If you wear out, or God forbid, break a Cognito or Fabtech HD tierod, you will be forced to buy a factory replacement to get you by until you get the replacement HD setup... That is the down side to the HD style in my opinion. Otherwise, they are great.

That's when #9 wire is good lol I know a guy that broke a tierod on his tractor and has used wire to hold it together for the past 2 year's