To ban or not to ban Caspmax that now aka Hot COCOAL's

• Total voters

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
The only reason I Started the post is because caspmax said on my previous post that launching in 4wd with the tbars cranked was fine to do. Had I listened to him and done that it would have cost me money. Then I saw a few more posts on other threads that didn't make much sense. I will not claim to know and eighth of what some of you do. But when I see someone making gross claims and stating them as fact I wanted people to take his posts with a grain of salt. I'm here to learn as much as possible and want good info. That's all

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
with the Tbars cranked you have angles on the tie rods, they roll the centerlink forward and that is what causes all the toe in

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Stupid Q- if during a boost launch you could eliminate toe in and had zero weight transfer would the cv axel joint still slip or pull out to the point of boom?

yes. If you Locked the rear end solid and chained the front end down to level the cvs. You don't need to completely eliminate weight transfer though. You just need to limit up travel in the front

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
also you already have introduced some angle to the CVs in the up down range, roll that center link forward and get the toe in and you break shit, be it tie rods or the CVs. When I drag my truck everything is flat, and I even have straps for the track to hold it down where it needs to be.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
22psi through the traps... :spit:

This guy posts to hear himself talk... If you want to Learn... which is what tyou said, stop posting and read. 90% of your posts are rambling on BS.

Are you saying you go through the traps with higher then 22 psi?

With all the bolt ons shocks uca's frt end build air locker tune and complete egr delete i dont consider my truck stock. Im putting in an intercooler this week so it is a little bit further from being stock. Next week when my trans comes back and i slap it back in it will be even further from stock in my mind so yea the turbo injectors and engine have not been massaged yet those parts days are numbered!

It's stock.

Who's building your trans? Even with a built trans I'd say it's pretty stock until you change turbo and injectors.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks blk smoke i figured as much. Respect is a two way sreet. I keep on keepin on cuz i know this is the best the net has to offer. Really i dont mind the flak look how many of you are talking just cuz of me. Look thru the posts between the back and forth there is alot of good info. Most of you take for granted the knowledge you hold and to top it off bs back and forth in private groups n stuff, i may annoy you n all but to a newb here you guys can be equelly as annoying i look forward to the future here a DD thanks guys and gals

Not sure what forum you came from but we do not have any private areas here. If you search you will find the info if not make a new thread asking about it. When you post in a thread and keep posting on and on to your self and then run it off topic and that make members mad and also harder for others searching having to read thru all those new posts that were not needed. We have a laid back site here us mods are easier on you. You just have to have some thicker skin with the members when they bite you.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Stupid Q- if during a boost launch you could eliminate toe in and had zero weight transfer would the cv axel joint still slip or pull out to the point of boom?

if your front end is still leveled or higher, yup they can blow

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Never been in a forum before im really a fng
I seem to be the only one bothering anyone if ther was a bite attempt it missed you guys are alright by me

There's tons of info on here the search is everyone's friends . This site can help but the members can be a rougher group it's not the diesel place or DF crowd most members have trucks that are a lot faster. The way you post does get to people they take to there threads as there own area lol.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
"The only benifit i can see to having the front end lower at the power levels that most of us run is areodynimic and therefore be most noticed in 1/4 run i have seen lots of lifted sled pullers with the suspension locked out and in a level position pull past 300 most of which in the 3.0 class so if its good enough for the big dogs us little pups shouldnt worry so much about eh
I'd say that aerodynamics would little to no difference. It's whether or not the front cv joints explode that I'm concerned with
i wouldnt worry too much happens more to the sled guys since they are hooked to anything from 30k- to what like 60 or 80k lb sled even tho they run on dirt and tire can freely slip cuz of the weight involved they are more at risk 1/4 mi truck are only pullin their own wieght"

Those ate quotes from my other post. And you are Saying it's ok to do. Not that you do it. You're saying 3.0 pulling trucks do it. That's all
:woott:

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
That sounded pretty bad. I shoulda siad hey i cant get the search window to work from my phone and therfore cant perform a search could you help me out please. Sorry for sounding like a DB.

You have to use the advance search. It will not close out like the normal search does.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Lot of smart people on here (I am not one of them) but they will eat you alive like a drug fueled rage in Miami if you start posting something that isn't right. You can learn a lot if you just read and ask questions when you are not sure. <O:p</O:p

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Some of you guys oughta give this guy a break. Caspmax, you oughta work on your computer skills. Maybe try rereading your post before you post them also. If you have something to ask totally off topic start a new thread, or find a thread already about it.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
And use a damn period/comma/apostrophe ferchristsake.... they're free, use all you want. Run on sentences are a pain in the ass to read.:D