To ban or not to ban Caspmax that now aka Hot COCOAL's

• Total voters

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
My dad always said, "No one knows how stupid you are, till you open your mouth."

We all look stupid now and then but at some point you have to think about what your saying. When you go against some of the major rules that we know are true, your gonna get bashed.

I'm sure you mean well but your not lookin so good right now.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I never advocated to anyone to launch with t bars leveled i said i have been doing it and no prob so far. You guys are so quick to slam a guy you dont even absorb whats being said. I also siad i have never taken this truck to the track the racing and launching ive done has all been on the street.

Then you've been very, very lucky. Please dont equate your luck as being "normal" and state it as fact. It is irresponsible.

You have a lot to learn. Start searching for the topics you are interested in, and do lots of reading. If then you still have a question on the topic, start a thread and ask about it.

BTW, your truck is still "stock".

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have a cummins with an edge stacked on a quadzilla with 250hp injectors. Im pretty sure it makes a thousand hp! Body Rot weight reduction should put me in the 11s. America!:D

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I think everyone has made their point here and he knows.

Now its time to read and learn and get your truck quicker and correct anything wrong with it.:thumb:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Wow really do you guys think at all? I asked why? Followed by my thoughts. And i only see a benifit for lowering the ftont for cv angles for a split second @ launch after that if you have a ton of wiegt transfer wont your cv angles ruturn to a leveled like position while you burn down the strip

Wondering if you are for real or just having some fun? Have you ever actually raced a high HP 4x4?

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Dood.... just let it go, lowering the torsion bars is important if you are going to launch/race in 4x4. Period....

Good! are you close??

Yep, probably 2 weeks til it is 100% again, trans is going to the trans shop next week, soon as its back I'm back in business!!! :woott:

With all the bolt ons shocks uca's frt end build air locker tune and complete egr delete i dont consider my truck stock. Im putting in an intercooler this week so it is a little bit further from being stock. Next week when my trans comes back and i slap it back in it will be even further from stock in my mind so yea the turbo injectors and engine have not been massaged yet those parts days are numbered!

Ok, so you have lockers, UCA's and an EGR delete? Is that it? Thats a pretty stock truck compared to most here. Not being an ass but if you are on the level with these guys they will help you out, but if anyone thinks for a minute that you are exaggerating or flat out lying they will give you a hard time. Just read and take some info in, you'll learn a lot and have a better understanding of the Duramax trucks. :)

Anyone want to go for a ride in my van. I got some ice cream

:hug: I like vans!

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
i have seen lots of lifted sled pullers with the suspension locked out and in a level position pull past 300 most of which in the 3.0 class

the suspension is NOT soild in the front end...just sayn,it may look like it but its not. most of the trucks in my area have about a 1/2 travel up..well as far as chevys/gmc's go anyways...now pro mod truck's is a diff storie.....

x 2 your truck is stock...

just had to get my 2 cents in:woott:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Mrs.Caspmax.... 15% injectors????:roflmao: i thought you knew what you were doing

I want to see your truck. Post a pic.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the LBZ stock bosch injectors are known to be able to supply fuel for 650hp and some will claim more, and i, as an end goal, only want to produce a maximum of 700hp, what would you suggest as an adequate increase for this application? Is there a need for more fuel than +15% (+50hp) injectors would provide for 650-700hp?

heres where again, the search button is your friend. there is more to it than that

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
upping the injector size is more than making horsepower. it also helps in that you can lower pulse width and timing for safer tuning

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
upping the injector size is more than making horsepower. it also helps in that you can lower pulse width and timing for safer tuning

X2

Running stock injectors at 650 hp is pushing them to their limits. 45 over or even 60 allows you to make higher hp without stretching out the injection event like a stocker would to get max fueling.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I wouldn't even consider taking the stock tips off any injector LB7-LMM for anything smaller than a 60 over. When my injectors take a poopoo I will be getting 100 overs. Tiny pulse width and low timing makes for a happy motor. And some extra fuel on tap lets you play with nitrous for when your 700 hp street truck wants to make 850 for the track.