Help on options on rebuild

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
I have a 06 duramax 2500 4x4 and i'm running efi live, 4 inch magnaflow out the back, ppe egr block off plate cut factory air box, wator meth by snow perf. only now im on the nike shox b/c i think i broke 2 pistons. now i have a whole lot of data to filter to finally end up whith what i hope to be one awsome diesel. any help?

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
ok i'm rebuilding the one i have but there are so many options. Ihave some items picked out just having trouble making sure they r the right ones rods? pistons? injectors? turbo????? lift pump? cp3?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I started a new thread here so you will get more help :D Move the posts here.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
and what are you trying to do with the truck? driver, sled puller, 1/4mile, how much power do you want?

what was your pervious combo? and why do you think you have 2 cracked pistons?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Jeff Garmon is ver close to you but i dont know if he is buiding Dmax's yet. I know Any of the guys above can build a motor and ship it to you.

Alot of this depends on your budget on what your options will be

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
The truck is just my so called daily driver i have a 08 3500 duramax that i sit in during the week but i still get this truck out on occasion and would like it to stay streetable to drive,pull,haul.

The hp is what im aksing is there any problems with running lb7 pistons in an 06 truck thats what im hering of others doing?

previous combo was efilive water/meth egr blockoff 4" ex cut air box

The reason that the pistons are cracked is that i took it to the dealer and they ran some test and replaced injectors with no responce still skipping.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
IF your pistons are done,you will need to know if the block is still good

If you are looking at a all out beast then yes you can use lb7 cut pistons or forged
you will need rods your choice of flavors there
get your cam and crank keyed
this is a minimum of what you will need to do and I suggest getting atleast ARP head studs

I suggest you talk to a few builders they can answer all your questions

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
I found cut pistons from ppe (new) for $1800, turbo from industrial injection phat shaft vvt????? $1400 (new), 30% nozels for $40 each plus shipping, modded cp3 from industrial injection for$900, x beam rods from kurtis halverson for$2850 head studs? plus any machining after viewing the block with pistons removed!:confused:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Plan on roughly 500-600 bucks for seals, bearings, head gaskets and stuff like that
make sure the phatshaft comes with a down pipe and pedistall or that will cost you more;)

FWIW phatshaft is NOT VVT

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
i thought you needed 2cp3 to make bigger injectors work well:confused: and I would think at least 3g for a turbo and mounting. If done right machine work will add up very fast! But that depends how much attention to detail you want to take.