Help on options on rebuild

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Its all in the tuning, I have ridden in trucks with 4094's that spool wicked fast, My S400 is laggy but it doesnt bother me. I run a 1.10 housing and the 4094 trucks I have ridden in have the 1.06 housings.

I totally agree, plus if you go really big you can still get it to spool fast with a looser converter. And if anything like a gasser a well picked cam can help spooling also ;)

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
My car was laggy from a roll with a big turbo so I would just ride the brake a little while moving and build some boost and it would hit like N2O, only then the back of the car tried to pass the front :(

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
I build tons of these and I'm confused after reading this thread.

700 hp, turbo lights like gas fueled fire and smoke is less then an edge on your stock truck. Proven, works, EGT's under 1500 ALL THE TIME. 55lbs of boost for you junkies and drive it everyday. Combo has been built, proven, tows 12k in OD perfectly. Turbo meets 2.8 rules, can be built for a 3.0 class if you need.

800 hp. Not gonna do it for less then 15k reliably.

Just some notes from somebody who has been there:eek:

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
Ok got the front of my truck off all the way to the fan in about 2 hrs today. and most of the upper part of the removal.
Now you guys have me all :confused: about my turbo what turbo should i go with to acheive the mark i want which is a streetable 800HP?
And is there a egr delete for 06? I have the block off plate. But i want to clean up the engine and the egr is in the way.
How much soot should be in my intake b/c there is a lot in mine?
And finally the pistons i know for a fact forged is better for high hp but will they last. And when i say last i would like not to ever go back in the bottom end!!!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I build tons of these and I'm confused after reading this thread.

700 hp, turbo lights like gas fueled fire and smoke is less then an edge on your stock truck. Proven, works, EGT's under 1500 ALL THE TIME. 55lbs of boost for you junkies and drive it everyday. Combo has been built, proven, tows 12k in OD perfectly. Turbo meets 2.8 rules, can be built for a 3.0 class if you need.

800 hp. Not gonna do it for less then 15k reliably.

Just some notes from somebody who has been there:eek:

eric that 15k all in parts? or that inluding labor?

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
depends on what your starting with. From scratch? Just parts.

800 HP you can use everyday will be tough with one turbo IMO. My truck was 800 HP on a single charger but the streetability was not prime. Cam selection played into that, but what it lacked on the bottom, made up for on the top end:D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Ok got the front of my truck off all the way to the fan in about 2 hrs today. and most of the upper part of the removal. cool sound good
Now you guys have me all :confused: about my turbo what turbo should i go with to acheive the mark i want which is a streetable 800HP?
And is there a egr delete for 06? yes all 06 have egrI have the block off plate. But i want to clean up the engine and the egr is in the way.you can remove it and block both the exhuast and intake area. you cna pull the up-pipe and have it capped to make it look cleaner.
How much soot should be in my intake b/c there is a lot in mine?yes the intake will be black
And finally the pistons i know for a fact forged is better for high hp but will they last. And when i say last i would like not to ever go back in the bottom end!!!

IMO fordge would be the way to go. but i will let others solidify that opinion.

as for turbo(s) how much wieght are you towing? and how often?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
depends on what your starting with. From scratch? Just parts.

800 HP you can use everyday will be tough with one turbo IMO. My truck was 800 HP on a single charger but the streetability was not prime. Cam selection played into that, but what it lacked on the bottom, made up for on the top end:D

in sharkys case. parts wise single turbo 800 def could be had even with fordge piston for under 15k inlcuding dual fuelers. using a s400 variant

i know heads will help make it easier to make power along with a cam.

and im not talking about tranny.

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
ok lets not worry about the money for a while if it goes over so what!!! Right? i see another guy i think his name is henry on here building a 06 lbz and using so cal pistons are they any good?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
ok lets not worry about the money for a while if it goes over so what!!! Right? i see another guy i think his name is henry on here building a 06 lbz and using so cal pistons are they any good?

I think hes using cast LB7 pistons that were cut down by so cal correct me if im wrong guys. In any case So Cal Diesel stuff is awesome.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
is that what im looking for that will hold up to 800hp?

800hp is somewhat of an unknown realm as far as driveability and longevity goes. Youre not just going to be able to get a straight answer as to the perfect setup because if it existed, nobody would ever have to rebuild their motors again and again at the 700hp level.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
800hp is somewhat of an unknown realm as far as driveability and longevity goes. Youre not just going to be able to get a straight answer as to the perfect setup because if it existed, nobody would ever have to rebuild their motors again and again at the 700hp level.

800hp is pretty streetable ;) mine was really streetable spooled like a stock charger and was fun to drive just did not like to pull the trailer around

Last edited:

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
800 hp every day is different then 800 hp for a few blasts on the dyno.

I believe 700 dependable hp is very doable and with longevity.

RPM has alot to do with how an engine lives too. Make all that power on the bottom and it wont last near as long as if you can spin it up a bit

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
800 hp every day is different then 800 hp for a few blasts on the dyno.

I believe 700 dependable hp is very doable and with longevity.

RPM has alot to do with how an engine lives too. Make all that power on the bottom and it wont last near as long as if you can spin it up a bit

i had heard that before.. say the redline is 4,000. natually with shifts point adj acordingly.

should be rather reliable no? along wiht the new clevite 77 bearing that just came out