Help on options on rebuild

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
labor rate is near 70 hear but there is no way i will charge someone that. there comes a time where you have to be compative and still produce same or better work for less.

06sharky

Jul 21, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
Thanks for all the info.
I talked to leadfoot diesel a local perf guy today he said he will do the entire labor part removal,tear down,rebuild, install for $4000
I think im going to do The removal my self i ist that much harder than a powerstroke is it?
1The engine machining no sure i know i want to cryo treat and balance the rotating assembely
2 At least deck the block to clean the sufrace! Heads?
3 Pistons i have been told will not last for a long time on the road unless You use factory or molly factory replacements (LB7).
4 the guy at industrial said 1 cp3 modded will be plenty for their VVT TURBO and 30% nozzels.
5 turbo industrial vvt or cheeta vvt?????? PRICE INDUSTRIAL $1400 NEW
6 headers???
7 trans is already paid for wating for converter ATS!!!
Can anyone tell me if the combo sounds good for reliable 800HP? And any other options im forgetting?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Thanks for all the info.
I talked to leadfoot diesel a local perf guy today he said he will do the entire labor part removal,tear down,rebuild, install for $4000that a strict labor job?
I think im going to do The removal my self i ist that much harder than a powerstroke is it? no its not.1-2 hours 2 guys can have that engine on the ground in front of the truck.
1The engine machining no sure i know i want to cryo treat and balance the rotating assembelydont have to do the cryo. def balance it ;)
2 At least deck the block to clean the sufrace! Heads?unless they are warped/out of spec i would leave them stock.
3 Pistons i have been told will not last for a long time on the road unless You use factory or molly factory replacements (LB7).iirc there are several guys runnin fordge pistons with no exccesive were on the pistons
4 the guy at industrial said 1 cp3 modded will be plenty for their VVT TURBO and 30% nozzels.didnt know industrial is doing VVT turbos. you are looking at at least a 72mm inducer to get 800 dont thing a single cp3 will suply enough fuel for that mark regguadles of inj size
5 turbo industrial vvt or cheeta vvt?????? PRICE INDUSTRIAL $1400 NEWfleece has had a bunch of luck with their cheeta turbos.
6 headers???dont see the point fo it yet.
7 trans is already paid for wating for converter ATS!!!
Can anyone tell me if the combo sounds good for reliable 800HP? And any other options im forgetting?

thats my take on it.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
If i had a fully built motor I would not run a a VVT turbo, I would look into a 66-71mm turbo

Why not? 68.5 or 71mm cheetah turbo is 800hp+ capable. Guys are having good luck with these so far, they are huge and spool way faster than GT series. Better on the street and just as much flow as a 'bigger" turbo with less lag....and they are LOUD!

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Why not? 68.5 or 71mm cheetah turbo is 800hp+ capable. Guys are having good luck with these so far, they are huge and spool way faster than GT series. Better on the street and just as much flow as a 'bigger" turbo with less lag....and they are LOUD!

when a duramax vvt turbo makes 800hp show me the video, your drive pressure would be outragous

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Don't lie Travis you would go bigger than that:D

Nothing against the Cheetas, but I also agree with Travis,Perhaps it's just something about big turbos that make me, Well um...:eek:

What turbo would you go with? Why would the cheetah make tons of drive pressure? I have a 64mm right now and im getting ready to do the 66 or the 71. Not sure yet. My 64 spools great on the street but i want more power!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I asked Brayden about running his big VVT on my truck and he said the exhaust housing would be the hold up on making the power I wanted, And the 4294 would be area to start.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
What turbo would you go with? Why would the cheetah make tons of drive pressure? I have a 64mm right now and im getting ready to do the 66 or the 71. Not sure yet. My 64 spools great on the street but i want more power!

What are you goin with? I am doin a 68mil for mine.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC

The cheetah exhaust housing is to small, it will choke you of in the higher rpms. In order to make big power (700+) you have to let the engine breath hence having a charger in the 71mm+ range with a larger exhaust housing. The a5k is a good example, big wheel but small housing and led to bad drive pressure and the turbo dont last long when overspooled

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
The cheetah exhaust housing is to small, it will choke you of in the higher rpms. In order to make big power (700+) you have to let the engine breath hence having a charger in the 71mm+ range with a larger exhaust housing. The a5k is a good example, big wheel but small housing and led to bad drive pressure and the turbo dont last long when overspooled

or you can use the Cheetah as the small turbo with a set of twins:D to get your 700+hp

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans

What turbo do you recommend? Ive seen the gt4094 spool and its too laggy but i guess not everything can be perfect.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
when a duramax vvt turbo makes 800hp show me the video, your drive pressure would be outragous

Travis is right about the 800hp, it would be difficult to achieve that number, I think there's a 64mm in the low 600hp range. I have the 71.5mm right now and have the drive pressure at approximately a 1-1 ratio ;), its all in where you adjust the vane tables, open them up and the drive pressure is very manageable :D

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
What turbo do you recommend? Ive seen the gt4094 spool and its too laggy but i guess not everything can be perfect.

Its all in the tuning, I have ridden in trucks with 4094's that spool wicked fast, My S400 is laggy but it doesnt bother me. I run a 1.10 housing and the 4094 trucks I have ridden in have the 1.06 housings.