Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
This action was enevitable, every manufacturer that developed and sold equipment that defeated emission equipment is just as guilty as any other. If you go by advertiseing alone then MBRP is the biggest culprit, they have blatently advertised emission defeating exhaust systems since day 1. But I haven't heard anybody bash them yet...

MBRP must have stopped building crappy exhaust components... I saw an MBRP pamphlet the other day at a local diesel shop. MBRP is selling crap for jeeps now. Body armor, skid plates, rock sliders, bumpers, tow shackles.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
MBRP must have stopped building crappy exhaust components... I saw an MBRP pamphlet the other day at a local diesel shop. MBRP is selling crap for jeeps now. Body armor, skid plates, rock sliders, bumpers, tow shackles.

They've been selling that stuff for a few years now. I've never had any major issues with their products.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
They've been selling that stuff for a few years now. I've never had any major issues with their products.

I did not know that... I have gm's and build my own stuff.

I had one of their exhaust kit on my truck. It was a horrible design and the use of crappy components and hardware.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
You're*** Go ahead and insult me but at least use proper grammar so you don't look like the idiot.

Then why did the EPA go after H&S specifically? They basically handed the EPA their illegal business activities in multiple 2 page colorful spreads every month for 2 1/2 years until someone finally said "Hey, look! They made our pathetic job even easier... everything we need is all right here."

I couldn't tell you how many times I've talked to people about tuning Duramaxs and EFILive, then they go "oh, you mean like H&S right?"

Had they not been so greedy and flown under the radar I don't think EFILive would have to be forced to do any of this.

So what about Edge? What about sct? What about hp tuners? What about quadzilla? I could go on and on and dont take such offense to what i said before :rolleyes: it was merely a statement!

What about the dpf delete shop adds? Or alligators adds with dpf delete kits? H&S adds said worlds most advanced tuners iirc not dpf delete tuning .... also h&S got turned in by edge....

Blaming just h&S is stupid!

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Who gives a rats about H&S. There tunes suck balls anyways. Theres better tuners out there. Lets keep this thread on the efi topic and help each other prepare for this disaster.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
No disasters you'll just have to use the guys with stream licenses until a new "fix" comes along. It'll be trouble when local inspections look for that missing stuff then i'll be worried

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
So will you be able to buy new licenses without updating? Or buy a new autocal and just not be able to ever upgrade past the curent version (so burn what I have to a disk)?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
from the sounds of things we will be able to buy licences without updating I hope.....I just bought anouther V2 this time the cummins tuning optioned one. I will use that one for updating when CSP comes out and the one I have now for all Dmaxs and the 06-09 cummins tuning option I have on it and I won't update it. Hope this works out for us. then again I don't know that I really want to keep doing deletes anyway. I don't really want to get into hot water but the area I live in does no testing anyway. and I intend to buy a stream for LMM in the near future. just wish they had cummins streams available.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Just bought a couple licenses for myself in case of burned up ecm. Also got the latest update. Feels like I'm doomsday prepping over here lol

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Why can't they just "put it" on the tuners? Heres the law, if we catch you here is the fine. Make anybody getting a new license sign a waiver saying " FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY" if you delete this & that it's on you. Get back to business

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
If u read efi s newsletter of the pri show. It states at the bottom about the changes to come. It states future software will not support deletion. And that vendors should heed warning and follow local laws. So it hopefully appears that only upgraded software will b affected.

As many of you may have heard or read about in the last few days, our next software update will contain restrictions to the available calibrations for diesel engines. More specifically for the LMM and 6.7L Cummins that have a DPF system fitted.

USA based customers will no longer have access to alter the calibrations affecting the operation and diagnostics of these emissions controlling components. For EFILive users outside of the USA this restriction will not apply and you should notice no change in what you can and can't tune. There will not be separate USA and International versions of the software, there will still only be one version for downloading.

Hardware will remain the same - there will be no changes based on country of destination.

We have made a thread as an official place to ask questions regarding these changes, however, if the questions are nothing more than you venting your dissatisfaction about this then the post will be removed.

Link is here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21154-Diesel-tuning-restrictions-for-USA-customers

Cheers
Cindy

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
however, if the questions are nothing more than you venting your dissatisfaction about this then the post will be removed.

Cheers
Cindy

Makes sense I guess you already got our money...Thanks for the heads up at least I guess. Still leaves us in complete limbo. Not trying to be a jerk but a little transperency would be really nice about now.

As Ben said earlier why not just disable all tuning its not like anything else we'd be altering in the tune short of speedometer adjustments and fuel tank scaling is going to be emissons legal. We still dont get this.

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Cindy. Sorry I am asking on here cause in in enough forums the wat it is. Will I be able to still get liscenses without updating my v2? If I just left it the 7.5?