Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Just get the latest version and update the firmware and bootblock and don't update anything again.

No new tables have been added for the duramax in a good while so if all you do is duramax just keep what you got.

You only get screwed if you update the software.

the problem will occur that guys with v2s that buy tuning from other suppliers will not be able to flash the tunes because software will not match, unless the tuners dont update too.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yeah, the EPA lady wanting to be a vendor was a bit odd. Perhaps they wanted to put up a "public service" banner or something? Dunno. You have to sell Dmax stuff to be a vendor.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Have a "Canadian Friend" buy a V2 for you, then you get a Non-US software update.

There is always a way around everything.......just like all things that came along before this, smart people will find a work around or a way around.

This is a legal move to protect EFI-Live, they can now state they have pulled support and restricted the use, if you do it then it's on you.

Looks like the value of my 2002 and 2007/LBZ just skyrocketed.

Watch for LBZ's to go thru the roof in value and LMM's tank if this really gets enforced.

AHHHHHH, having an older truck seems so much better right now.

;)

There is always a way around it. As for H&S had they kept their damn advertising mouths shut I really doubt this would be happening. The people that wanted to delete their DPF, egr, cat, DEF etc would still have found them.

LBZ's are still through the roof and they are almost 2 body styles old now IMO.

I own 2 now and don't plan on getting rid of them. :D

On a side note there is a reason I didn't do some flashy PC color with my EGR delete and y-bridge, and there is a reason I have a 4" electric cutout to make my truck just as quiet as a stock Duramax in a few seconds. It comes in handy when you get pulled over 43 times in 6 years. I've kept track.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I heard the EPA was going to come knock on everyones door that owns a DPF equipped truck and if it's been removed make them re-install it at their own cost.

If they fail to comply, they'll be tossed into a room with sharks with laser beams on their foreheads and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you.

Could all be a rumor though....

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
There is always a way around it. As for H&S had they kept their damn advertising mouths shut I really doubt this would be happening. The people that wanted to delete their DPF, egr, cat, DEF etc would still have found them.

LBZ's are still through the roof and they are almost 2 body styles old now IMO.

I own 2 now and don't plan on getting rid of them. :D

On a side note there is a reason I didn't do some flashy PC color with my EGR delete and y-bridge, and there is a reason I have a 4" electric cutout to make my truck just as quiet as a stock Duramax in a few seconds. It comes in handy when you get pulled over 43 times in 6 years. I've kept track.

If you think H&S advertising in diesel magazines is why its all coming undone your retarded.....

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Question. As long as I don't update my software I have nothing to worry about correct? I'll still be able to buy vin unlocks and still tune?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I heard the EPA was going to come knock on everyones door that owns a DPF equipped truck and if it's been removed make them re-install it at their own cost.

If they fail to comply, they'll be tossed into a room with sharks with laser beams on their foreheads and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you.

Could all be a rumor though....

Sounds legit.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Yeah I dont own a V2 but I am about to get my hands on one and a few licenses if I still can... This just sucks.

I see the death of our industry. Next thing we know it we will all be trying to hop up eco boosts because itll be all we have left.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
If you think H&S advertising in diesel magazines is why its all coming undone your retarded.....

You're*** Go ahead and insult me but at least use proper grammar so you don't look like the idiot.

Then why did the EPA go after H&S specifically? They basically handed the EPA their illegal business activities in multiple 2 page colorful spreads every month for 2 1/2 years until someone finally said "Hey, look! They made our pathetic job even easier... everything we need is all right here."

I couldn't tell you how many times I've talked to people about tuning Duramaxs and EFILive, then they go "oh, you mean like H&S right?"

Had they not been so greedy and flown under the radar I don't think EFILive would have to be forced to do any of this.