Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Hotrodders are a small fraction of society.

My crystal ball says the number of people who want to hotrod Duramaxes is going to drop.

To almost nothing, I will bet on it...:mad:

Most "hotroded" their trucks bc it was sooo easy...

And I see this having ZERO effect on the value of these trucks, 99% of diesel trucks owners could give a crapp...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I need to think about this for a few days.

It IS legal to put diesel engines into non-highway recreational, marine, or racing vehicles. Leaded gasoline is still allowed for those purposes, and leaded gas is lethal and illegal.

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
I think this is a pretty stupid move from EFI Live. In all honesty something else will come along and rob their market share. Plus isn't it the responsibility of the tuner to follow the laws of his region... And even more so the owner of the truck to follow these laws as well. When performing a regional emissions check these items should be checked and insured they are functional if the gov't enforces it. I purchased EFI Live V2 thinking I would be set for the future that really sucks.

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta
I need to think about this for a few days.

It IS legal to put diesel engines into non-highway recreational, marine, or racing vehicles. Leaded gasoline is still allowed for those purposes, and leaded gas is lethal and illegal.

Damn near every box of aftermarket equipment we put on is covered in labels and warnings, stating off-road use only. Shouldn't be too hard for EFI to do the same and produce off-road/marine software.

I know you're cheating, because I'm cheating and you're beating me...

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Why would the EPA want to be a vendor on here?

Ya was that a joke ? Why other then to gather info what do they have to gain? Last I knew the air was free to breath! They aren't selling anything or do they sell t-shirts? There would be some interesting threads when they push clean air tho!

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado
Thats why we all start building LB7, LLY, and LBZ trucks. Good thing I didn't jump into a new truck and decided to build my old one.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ya was that a joke ? Why other then to gather info what do they have to gain? Last I knew the air was free to breath! They aren't selling anything or do they sell t-shirts? There would be some interesting threads when they push clean air tho!

this is an open forum mackin, you dont have to be a member here to gain any info on the topics we have been talking about, let alone 95% of the thread/sections here, so really, i dont see a point for them to join unless they were planning on explaining themselves or someone was trying to be funny

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill

I bet to sell egr's and DPF'S...........because we all want 1 :roflmao: