Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
Have a "Canadian Friend" buy a V2 for you, then you get a Non-US software update.

There is always a way around everything.......just like all things that came along before this, smart people will find a work around or a way around.

This is a legal move to protect EFI-Live, they can now state they have pulled support and restricted the use, if you do it then it's on you.

Looks like the value of my 2002 and 2007/LBZ just skyrocketed.

Watch for LBZ's to go thru the roof in value and LMM's tank if this really gets enforced.

AHHHHHH, having an older truck seems so much better right now.

;)
x2:woott:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Have a "Canadian Friend" buy a V2 for you, then you get a Non-US software update.

There is always a way around everything.......just like all things that came along before this, smart people will find a work around or a way around.

This is a legal move to protect EFI-Live, they can now state they have pulled support and restricted the use, if you do it then it's on you.

Looks like the value of my 2002 and 2007/LBZ just skyrocketed.

Watch for LBZ's to go thru the roof in value and LMM's tank if this really gets enforced.

AHHHHHH, having an older truck seems so much better right now.

;)

I know what your saying but,
If EFI in New Zealand is or HAS to comply you have to assume the EPA is going to squeeze everyone! Making it less desirable to even sell at the manufacturing level or do further R&D.

Like autos manufactured by foreign countries to be sold here they must comply with federal emissions. I assume that the EPA is doing the same or trying to do the same on these products. Perhaps they always have but now they are enforcing the laws more so. So the EPA is quietly saying comply or face fines ,lawsuits, or export restrictions or tariffs,something like that.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
From what it sounds like they're still in the transitional phase. Does this mean if we go download the current V7 it will be the most updated EFI Live, yet still allow us to delete the DPF? Or is the new update already out?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
From what it sounds like they're still in the transitional phase. Does this mean if we go download the current V7 it will be the most updated EFI Live, yet still allow us to delete the DPF? Or is the new update already out?

Site still shows Jul 2012 as the last one to download.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So this latest build does not have the DPF DOC mod abilities deleted correct? i have not updated mine since 2010 and want to do the newest build before this crap takes affect

EDIT: turbo_bu just answered my question above lmao

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I'm guessing that EFI will give everyone a few days so that they can download the version before everything changes....At least I would in this instance.

but who knows.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What would the epa do though? Petition obunger to place sanctions on New Zealand over the actions of one of there small businesses?

I really don't know but I feel it might fall under the same conditions of Autos being sold here in the USA and meeting or exceeding federal emission standards. Since they are altering the emission devices NOT by means of a actual bolt on but a ECM calibration perhaps it's different standard therefore they ,the EPA, doesn't have to do much in away to enforce the standards.