Half ton thread

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well putting the truck on hold for getting it running... Got the opportunity to buy a complete rear end suspension, and 5 lug conversion all the way around with race star 15" rims with slicks and front runners as a complete package... and going to grab it...

This truck wont leave the garage until it's on the trailer headed to the track. :roflmao:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
who knows. taking my time doing it right this time around. the LB7 I had at the track the next weekend after the engine was in :rofl:

still need a 10 point cage to work out on as well. :confused:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Waited almost a month for the holley intake. I ordered a square port, got sent a cathedral intake. Got the fuel rails and injectors in as well. Waiting on the throttle body then the turbo intercooler parts to arrive from Oregon. Will be running the new S488 billet 10 blade turbo that industrial injection just released. Need to start on the fuel system then it should be ready to fire up again.

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Kinda forgot about this :rofl:

Took the truck over to my buddies shop 2 weeks ago. Going to run the Holly EFI stand alone ecm and wiring harness and fuse box so it makes under the hood a little cleaner. Fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator showed up so can finally start on the fuel system side. Going to run a single magnafuel 750 pump and see what it can support. Been told it's good for 1k horse. 10 gallon fuel cell is mounted and one of Mikes dmax fuel coolers will be used for the return side of things for E85.

I had a idea to try and make a LB7 intercooler work in my core support but after weeks of trying to get it to fit I scrapped the idea and went to the conventional intercooler for the LS trucks.

Picked up a set of ID2000 injectors and swapped them out so I should be good for north of 1500hp worth of injector. I have a Ford 9" housing on order for the rear end but that's it for now. Hope to have it running in 2-3 weeks.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Wiring for the engine is 90% complete. I went a little nuts with the Harness and junk I removed so it's taken a bit more time. Planning on end of next weekend. Currently waiting on all my auto meter gauges before startup.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wiring for the engine is 90% complete. I went a little nuts with the Harness and junk I removed so it's taken a bit more time. Planning on end of next weekend. Currently waiting on all my auto meter gauges before startup.

if i look in that cab and see a rats nest, dont blame me for jumping in the truck and ripping shit out :roflmao: :hug:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
You won't see a rats nest rest assured!! The ecm is behind the dash and main harness goes through where the heater core passed through the cab lol