Half ton thread

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well engine is in. Had to put it in and take it back out :D a few times. Apparently the V6 frame engine mounts are different than the 4.8/5.3/6.0 ones. Got new frame mounts from the dealer and new stock motor mounts.

Also got the built TH400 today dropped off to my buddies shop, gotta go pick this guy up and get moving again.

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Wonder why that style of turbo manifold isn't more popular on diesels, where they both run through one side. I would think it has to flow decent for a high rpm, gasser to run it. Guess it's maybe a drive pressure issue?

Looking awesome brian:woott:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well engine is in. Had to put it in and take it back out :D a few times. Apparently the V6 frame engine mounts are different than the 4.8/5.3/6.0 ones. Got new frame mounts from the dealer and new stock motor mounts.

Also got the built TH400 today dropped off to my buddies shop, gotta go pick this guy up and get moving again.

what happen to the jakes trans you were going with?

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
Its an honest question. i really dont know what happened. i dont own a cummins so he dont talk to me much anymore.... :(

I know it is. I just had to point it out since everyone was just talking about his transmission choice. :D

I took a trip to AZ from WA grossing about 23k in a 15 CCLB cummins tuned and deleted. My wife happened to be with me, and before I could turn on the first major road she told me exactly how much she hated that brand new cummins compared to my old pound 7.

A win for the Chevy.

Now we really need to watch out if Brian gets rid of all of his Chevy projects.....:hug:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I'd rather not reopen a can of worms with Jakes. I bought a th400 from them. Paid for a bullit input shaft. Sent it with a stock shaft and a 4l60 converter. Told me I had to pay to ship it all back for a return. Ended up getting into it with them and they paid for it all to come back and refunded my money. Same day I called Rossler.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I won't get rid of the little half ton. I'm where I was with the duramax 6 years ago. This is actually quite fun and I like learning about the LS stuff. I grew tired if the dmax stuff to be honest.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I'd rather not reopen a can of worms with Jakes. I bought a th400 from them. Paid for a bullit input shaft. Sent it with a stock shaft and a 4l60 converter. Told me I had to pay to ship it all back for a return. Ended up getting into it with them and they paid for it all to come back and refunded my money. Same day I called Rossler.

You won't be disappointed in that rossler

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

oh damn buddy, didnt know that! another basko situation it sounds like!

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
I won't get rid of the little half ton. I'm where I was with the duramax 6 years ago. This is actually quite fun and I like learning about the LS stuff. I grew tired if the dmax stuff to be honest.

Amen to that. The LS motors are strong runners. I have a forced induction plan for my 5.3

The cost difference is also a huge benefit. As always, I enjoy watching your progress.

Maybe I will start a thread in the gasser section over here.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Radiator, hoses, and electric fans are in... one step closer.

The Holley high rise intake should be in any day now.

Ripped all the stock hard lines and fuel pump from the V6 assembly out and going with a 10 gallon fuel cell, -12 feed lines to the new fuel pump and regulator, then to the injectors. slow but steady. :happy2: