Info: Guess who got unbanned on CompD at least for a while

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It was refreshing to hear a Dodge guy finally tell the truth why they want all diesel racing to be 1/8th mile. This subject was a prime reason I was banned. The Dodge Boys had said it was for safety, and I told them they were liars. It didn't sit well.

The problem being that the Duramax and Powerstroke guys aren't having their trucks blow up shortly after the 1/8th on a routine basis. So the new 1/8th mile movement is simply a way to give the Dodge guys an advantage. If they turned their trucks down to survive the entire track, they might lose, so just shorten the track, eh?

I like how Unbroken and Timbeaux used their years of experience to assess the true identity of "Irish". The email address was [email protected]

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I see they still like you there Pat!!:rofl:

Personally, I agree with Rob. 1/8th mile racing does put more focus on the set-up of a truck more so than hp. Which is cool. But the 1/4 is both and also proves trucks can hold it together which I think is more exciting and has been the standard that has been used for several decades to determine who is the fastest.

I like the idea of a 100' shoot out more than a 1/8 mile race.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For the NADM, all the ProStreet class races are 1/8th mile, whether the track is 1/4 mile or not.

For their first event, they put the rule in force while the trucks were in staging lanes. ProStreet only though. The fastest trucks ran the full track, and the slower trucks ran the full track.

I guess the time to fight that would be when all the diesel racing switches to eighth, but I'm a prick, so I'm going to ridicule them every time they bring it up again.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I'm very much aligned with Pat on this topic. We're going to 342 gears in Max'd Out which will really having us sucking wind when we get to OBX. It would be nice to see some of those trucks come out west and race where there is a little altitude high DA. The Smith truck does come to Denver due to ATS sponsorship of his truck, but that's about the only one. As I've said on CompD many times, Max'd Out is not and will never be the fastest Prostreet truck, but we'd race any of them best 3 out of 5 hot lapping in a 1/4 mile track, and by hot lapping I mean no shut down drive it around under it's own power and race again. Caged Fury is towed to the line and towed back at the finish. He was towed everywhere at the NHRDA Eastern finals due to blowing a clutch on the line.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Ken
You might help pay some of your racing expenses by selling AAA memberships to Dodge owners. :spit:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Understand that the "no tow" rule is still in effect for other racers. Only certain trucks get an exemption.

It is the basis for the Outlaw movement by the 12v Spectator Association. Any organization that does not give special trucks rule exemptions while enforcing rules made up at the track by the 12vSA on the other racers is not a valid organization in their eyes.

It's just a difference in vocabulary. Some believe rules are a set of guidelines to insure a race that is fair to all. Others believe that rules are made to insure they have an advantage when racing, either by customizing the rules to exclude possible competitors, or by selective enforcement.

I honestly don't have anything against 1/8th mile racing other than I personally don't like it. It's only when folk lie about the reasons for forcing everyone to race 1/8th that gets my goat.

Here's the real kicker. When "special" Dodge guys solve the 1/4mi problem for the 12v trucks in a fashion that gives them an advantage, they will cry that it was the "others" (current active villians of the day) who forced them to race 1/8th, and they were for 1/4 mile racing the whole time, it was those cry-babies that forced them into it.

Somethings will never change I fear.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Pat im not sure what movement you are talking about.the outlaw championship was an idea we have all been kicking around for years.this is just the first year we all decided to finally do it.i am not sure who the guy is that posted he likes 8th mile racing because it is easier on parts but the truth is it is easier on parts.I dont know of any team that is scared to run 1/4 mile as you say.
there are a few factors to consider.for our race, Bucks communitication race,shcied diesel,and the Red neck nationals are all home tracks that happen to be 8th mile.when we decided to hold a race we wanted it to be at home,i cant speak for the others but i assume they decided to hold races at thier home tracks as well.TS will be a 1/4 race this year and qould have been last year if the majority of prostreet teams would have voted for it. i beleive this year the redneck nats will be held at a 1/4 mile and i assume will be a 1/4 mile race.
i dont understand how we as a group are trying to impose our will on the racing world,as you implied on comp d. this is the same ole shit that keeps getting brought up all the time.east coast versus west coast,1/8 vs 1/4, nos vs fuel. Whatever i just wanna hang out with my friends, race and have a good time. if folks dont like the rules or lack thier of,or 8th mile tracks,stay home or hold a race and use the rules you like. bickering will kill the sport.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pat im not sure what movement you are talking about.the outlaw championship was an idea we have all been kicking around for years.this is just the first year we all decided to finally do it.i am not sure who the guy is that posted he likes 8th mile racing because it is easier on parts but the truth is it is easier on parts.I dont know of any team that is scared to run 1/4 mile as you say.
there are a few factors to consider.for our race, Bucks communitication race,shcied diesel,and the Red neck nationals are all home tracks that happen to be 8th mile.when we decided to hold a race we wanted it to be at home,i cant speak for the others but i assume they decided to hold races at thier home tracks as well.TS will be a 1/4 race this year and qould have been last year if the majority of prostreet teams would have voted for it. i beleive this year the redneck nats will be held at a 1/4 mile and i assume will be a 1/4 mile race.
i dont understand how we as a group are trying to impose our will on the racing world,as you implied on comp d. this is the same ole shit that keeps getting brought up all the time.east coast versus west coast,1/8 vs 1/4, nos vs fuel. Whatever i just wanna hang out with my friends, race and have a good time. if folks dont like the rules or lack thier of,or 8th mile tracks,stay home or hold a race and use the rules you like. bickering will kill the sport.

Jess
A while back Stucky was invited to run the track at Famoso in Bakersfield CA
The onley way he would run was 1/8. We were all subjected to run 1/8 because of it. You guys seem to bring your shit with you when you travel.
I totaly agree that if you don't like the rules, don't race.
You and I know that a lot of good shit can happen in the next 1/8. That's what gets the fans in the stands excited. 1/8 mile race is not a mans race at all. Maybe we could have the Daytona 50; save a lot of money with no pit crew unless you owned a Dodge.:angel::D

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Wow what a waste of time reading the crying session on compd. I have never visited that site until tonight when I read the thread mentioned here. I dont see myself going out of my way to join there although it is kinda humorus:baby:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
i am not sure who the guy is that posted he likes 8th mile racing because it is easier on parts but the truth is it is easier on parts.

If you can't pony the $dough$, don't race! Then, there is no bickering as you put it.

I have no problem with "Home Races," but if they got the 1/4 everyone should run it. Maybe, you can have a tow test where you hook the truck to a trailer and tow it up hill, but you only have to tow it half way up the grade.

Run the 1/4 or STFU.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

As long as nobody from the 12vSA tries to make diesel racing 1/8th mile only, I don't think anyone has a problem with it. I certainly don't.

Except they are trying. Childish threads accusing anyone who didn't support 1/8th mile racing as being "anti-safety" and a danger to all racers. No facts, no data, no examples, but they pushed hard and got NADM to agree anyhow. The epitome of the Cry-Baby getting his way.

And as Mike L pointed out, they brought the crap with them when they came out West. Keep in mind the west racers were just fine before the DHRA butted in and took over our racer-organized diesel events. As far as I'm concerned the NADM is just a reshuffle of the same group. Con men. Many of us supported them anyhow, and just bit our lip in the interests of having a truly national diesel championship.

Look, if your truck blows up before the end of the dragstrip, you're probably going to lose, regardless of the track length. What they do in most forms of racing is to detune. It's an integral part of racing.

It's really irksome when Professional Spectators like Tim are the ones doing the pushing. Since he only races to the water cooler from his desk, he's perfectly OK with demanding others adopt short track racing to help his group win. He's pretty transparent.

I knew I was going to get banned for replying to that thread. I also knew that I'd hear the following whining:

"He's a crybaby"
"They don't race in the West"
"His truck is slow"
"He is still mad about HRP"
"He is just a Bonneville racer"
"Blah, Blah, & Blah"

They will never discuss the issue or facts, because they hate it when they are caught lying. And that's all they have other than insults and diversion. If they told the truth about why the want all diesel racing to be eighth-mile they'd look like aholes, so they aren't going there.

Out of curiousity only: if you are indeed all for "the best interests of diesel racing", then why aren't you just supporting one of the three existing organizations, instead of making a fourth? Not that it's important to me, it's just that if you're going to say I'm against diesel racing, you shouldn't be a hypocrite in the same paragraph.

Last edited:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
If you can't pony the $dough$, don't race! Then, there is no bickering as you put it.

I have no problem with "Home Races," but if they got the 1/4 everyone should run it. Maybe, you can have a tow test where you hook the truck to a trailer and tow it up hill, but you only have to tow it half way up the grade.

Run the 1/4 or STFU.

Hey jr., Buck and Jess are some of the most respected people in the diesel racing community and a couple of the nicest guys you could meet. You might want to give that some thought. Get some experience racing different events and then people may have some respect for your opinions.