Info: Guess who got unbanned on CompD at least for a while

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pat, you are starting to turn into one of those conspiracy theorists. "everyone is out to get ME" ;)

Can you explain why diesels that run ET's between 11.49 and 9.00 should race only half track?

Can you explain why the diesel community needs to start another competing Championship race organization?

Or are you just another One Line Wonder? Seems the Dodge community is full of them. No real opinion on racing, just a collection of reused 5 year old insults and butt-kissing.

SuperSonic

<- Fabricator Guy
No and no. You are just proving what i'm trying to say. You (drag racers) dont have your chit together.
I compete with the two main organizations (like NHRA and IHRA to drag racers)
We dont argue about track length too often. Our main concern is 300 ft. + 10 or 15ft for pulloff placing.
What i'm arguing is your idea that it's "them dodge boys" against you.
A one liner? Hardly! And i'm not "the dodge community" I support brand diesel. If you look my name up in your invoices, you'd know this.
I'm not here to insult you (directly) and i'm sure as hell not a butt kisser.

IMHO I enjoy, as a spectator, quarter and eigth mile racing equally. The majority of the tracks around me are quarter mile, but it seems the south, and indiana is still full of eigth mile tracks. If I were to hold a race, track safety would be paramount. I have two NHRA certified tracks within an hour of our shop.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
No and no. You are just proving what i'm trying to say. You (drag racers) dont have your chit together.
I compete with the two main organizations (like NHRA and IHRA to drag racers)
We dont argue about track length too often. Our main concern is 300 ft. + 10 or 15ft for pulloff placing.
What i'm arguing is your idea that it's "them dodge boys" against you.
A one liner? Hardly! And i'm not "the dodge community" I support brand diesel. If you look my name up in your invoices, you'd know this.
I'm not here to insult you (directly) and i'm sure as hell not a butt kisser.

IMHO I enjoy, as a spectator, quarter and eigth mile racing equally. The majority of the tracks around me are quarter mile, but it seems the south, and indiana is still full of eigth mile tracks. If I were to hold a race, track safety would be paramount. I have two NHRA certified tracks within an hour of our shop.

I'm not a very good spectator, so I wouldn't know. But I do know that few spectators can relate to what a 6.50 @ 117 is as well as they can a 9.90 @ 139.

Not looking to change subject, which is 1/8th Only for diesels and a new Championship Association, so I sent you a PM about your Conspiracy Theory bunk.

Most the Dodge racers I've met are good folk. The group pushing for the 1/8th Mile Only Rule are mostly Dodge racers or groupies, but they are only a small fraction of the diesel drag racers. For the most part, they are same group who pushed for the 10.50 Index, for the same reason, then complained about it when it didn't work to their liking.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It is true that most of the souths tracks are 1/8th mile. I prefer 1/4 myself and Stuckey will run anything. The only problem I see with the existing organizations are that in my region, the south, most events are not promoted well enough by those organizations and the sport is suffering from poor turn out. We need more racers, better payouts and more fans show up for the races. It is and can be a great sport but needs some attention to become more popular.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i talked with Robert D from Team Green today,and he owned up that it was his sugestion to run the race out there 8th mile.however not bcause they are scared like you imply,he was informed by the promotors that because Team Green had the field covered by better than a second people were holding out of pro-street,so Robert suggested 8th mile so it would be a closer race for the spectators.
as far as me suporting the 3 existing raceing orgs,im only aware of 2.i went to several Nadm races last yea.Family vacation and work prevented me from attending any NHRDA events ,however i fully support Randy Cole in his efforts,and work permitting i hope to hit a few NHRDA events and Qualify for the world finals. I cant see how rewarding people for showing up to outlaw races hurting the sport.I see it as rewarding those who are planing on showing up anyway.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
i talked with Robert D from Team Green today,and he owned up that it was his sugestion to run the race out there 8th mile.however not bcause they are scared like you imply,he was informed by the promotors that because Team Green had the field covered by better than a second people were holding out of pro-street,so Robert suggested 8th mile so it would be a closer race for the spectators.
as far as me suporting the 3 existing raceing orgs,im only aware of 2.i went to several Nadm races last yea.Family vacation and work prevented me from attending any NHRDA events ,however i fully support Randy Cole in his efforts,and work permitting i hope to hit a few NHRDA events and Qualify for the world finals. I cant see how rewarding people for showing up to outlaw races hurting the sport.I see it as rewarding those who are planing on showing up anyway.

Not exactly. :confused:

Team Green broke in all three passes at first, so the NADM waved qualifying for that entry. It certainly was not a slam dunk, nor were they a second faster even when they did get it running right. We had to qualify twice per NADM officials, as first qualifying pass was in the "wrong lane" according to them.

The Banks truck was the fastest diesel there, and it ran full track as did most entries.

The original flyer and information was 1/4mi only, no entries faster than 10.000. Obviously they changed that when the NADM took it over from Diesel World Mag(?)

The public notification concerning the length of the track was made after the first call to lanes.

The first official NADM reason for 1/8th racing was that the track forbid it. Then it changed to "I'm not sure" for awhile when it was discovered to be untrue.

The "final word" by NADM was they asked all their Prostreet members who voted on it. Actually since it was the first race for the NADM, I'm not sure how they asked, but hey. Nobody at that track who lived within 1000 miles was asked about it, whether or not they were an NADM member.

Now if you are saying that it was Team Green who made the rules, then you are calling the NADM liars. The NADM said it was NOT Team Green who dictated the rules. Is that accurate?

If so, can you give us a list of the diesel racers who are permitted to make their own rules for each event in 2010? Will it be posted somewhere?

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i wasnt there.going off what Robert told me.i beleive he was honest with me. i never said Team Green made the rules. question who all ran in pro street? what times were turned in?i dont think you ran pro street didnt you run brackets so you could run the 1/4? what was your fastest pass of the day,what was Team Green fast pass?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
i wasnt there.going off what Robert told me.i beleive he was honest with me. i never said Team Green made the rules. question who all ran in pro street? what times were turned in?i dont think you ran pro street didnt you run brackets so you could run the 1/4? what was your fastest pass of the day,what was Team Green fast pass?

We never ran 1/4 mile, we were told not to. But the 1/4 beams were active, so they DQ'd the first qualifying pass since I coasted through them.

NADM would not tell us if we could run 2 classes, so we didn't, not that it mattered.

We ran the truck twice for PS qualifying only, we were the #1 qualifier, but something was wrong so we retired. Big vibration couldn't ID it. Next event, transfer case exploded.

IIRC, ran 7 flat or high 6's that day, don't think we were alone.

While I was busy with the truck, it seems first round of eliminations should have knocked out Team Green, but the other truck broke too? Something like that.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

The word came out that Team Green would not make a paas unless it was 1/8. Some people were pissed. My personal feeling was and is; Team Green, go back where you came from.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The word came out that Team Green would not make a paas unless it was 1/8. Some people were pissed. My personal feeling was and is; Team Green, go back where you came from.

Why don't some of the west coast guys come over to the east coast or south for that matter? Team Green has the records and will set some new ones this year. They aren't scared of competition be it 1/8 or 1/4 mile.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Why don't some of the west coast guys come over to the east coast or south for that matter? Team Green has the records and will set some new ones this year. They aren't scared of competition be it 1/8 or 1/4 mile.

No one said anything about what Team Green can or cannot do. The fact is they dictated what the track was going to do. Sorry but I can't use that. Stay home.

Dockboy

Mar 5, 2008
No one said anything about what Team Green can or cannot do. The fact is they dictated what the track was going to do. Sorry but I can't use that. Stay home.

The fact is I like naked men.!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: