Engine diagnosis

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I'm just a bit confused, the injector cups weren't pulled and resealed but the heads were milled etc?

Milling the heads with the amount of material they took off Shouldn't have messed with the cups. They shouldn't have disturbed the cups with milling the heads. Imho i prob disturbed one pulling a injector out and didnt realize it. I could be way off also. All in all it would have been way worth it to pull all the cups and real seal or buy new cups and seal them in good for piece of mind of all the labor ahead of me now

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Pulled all of the glow plugs out today. 4,6,8 had coolant in the cylinders. Started pulling the valve cover off but got side tracked on my lawn mower with a flat tire:rofl: (yea i think i got ADD) Hope to have the injectors pulled out by tomorrow. I really wish i would have resealed all the cups now. Yea i know, I am a dumbass for not doing so. Lesson learned for sure.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
pulled all the cups yesterday. Travis's cup tool worked AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing i had to modify on the tool to make it work is the first smaller washer that goes down by the cup i had to take a die grinder and angle the washer into a triangle so the washer would clear my valve springs. I used my slide hammer on two cups and my pry bar on number 8. They all popped right out. It didn't look like they got hit when the heads got milled but i haven't seen one out of a stock truck. I ended up going to the local gun shop that afternoon and getting some 12ga bore cleaning brushes and putting them on my cordless drill and went to town. I got it put back together last night all except the driver side glow plugs, intercooler pipe and changing the oil. Today will be the big day of firing it up again lol. Wish me luck.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
All that work and i left the damn return bolt loose that goes into the head from all the injectors. My truck had about 5 gallon of fuel in the oil and puked freakin oil out everywhere. Damn it sucked taking all of it apart to find a dumb ass mistake like that. Oh well shit happens. Thanks sting and smokey D for coming over and BSen with me while I tore it apart again lol. Now i have to fix the oil pressure gauge thats laying on the right side of the dash and the check engine light lol ah man it always something.

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Oh yea dude. Frustrating is not even in my vocabulary right now lol....I really hate working on my truck now. It was self induced.....Well, all of it. Still gets old workin on it. I had it running tonight for about 20 minutes. All seemed well. I hope cause im done wrenchin on it lol.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Ran it again today twice for alittle while. Now i have a glow plug issue and a oil pressure sending unit/ gauge issue. Small thing to consider what i have done lol. Seems like all is good except those two issues that just came up last time i had it apart. Out side the rearend to put back together and the fubard threads on my egt prob its pretty much good to go for now........

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Finally got my rear end in my truck and took it for a drive and the alternator took a dump. I can't win for loosing on this thing

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
finally got my alternator problem fixed and made one hot lap in the truck. WOW its stupid and completely usless in 2wd

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Yea still got problems. My pyro probe blew out of the manifold on the test drive. Still have a coolant leak and oil leak. When i was installing the new alternator i bumped the upper ac hose and it freakin blew shit all over me lol. AHHHHH it never ends with this thing. All yea the shift points still need adjusted and its shifting way to soon it to 5th gear. I think thats it lol. Ah just a couple minor things lol

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I know what your going through man, I've had problem after problem with mine as well. You start to narrow it all down eventually and begin to actually be able to drive and enjoy the truck more and more as you take care of the little stuff. Good luck! Looks great:thumb: