Engine diagnosis

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
after i button up the rearend, install the inner fenders, fix my pyro prob, and bolt on the bumper it will be done lol. Can't wait to leave some black marks up my test road :D

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Does anybody else ever get sick of working on there Fckin truck? It might be because i do this stuff for a living. Just got done doing a water pump, alternator on a 05 trail blazer on a sunday evening and next week i have a D4 to service all for side jobs. Plus doin this full time. I am 26 years old and need a brake from wrenching LOL. Ah my vent is done.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Does anybody else ever get sick of working on there Fckin truck? It might be because i do this stuff for a living. Just got done doing a water pump, alternator on a 05 trail blazer on a sunday evening and next week i have a D4 to service all for side jobs. Plus doin this full time. I am 26 years old and need a brake from wrenching LOL. Ah my vent is done.

I did know what you felt like till i got out of doin mechanics for a living. Now its a side thing for me and i have a office/managerial job with nothing to do with mechanics. Its nice cause i was gettin burnt out at doin what i loved, now i can enjoy it more. My day job burns me out mentally, my side stuff burns me out physically. Works out nice :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Btw, congrats eric on gettin it runnin! Sometimes i stare out my window at the truck and wanna just throw a stock motor in it with no tuning or anything just to drive it again

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I hear you on the sick of working on your truck. Then it makes you not want to work on anything else either, I worked on my truck for 10 months drove it for a month and now it sits again because the motivation is not there.

Congrats on the build!

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey

I couldn't agree more....I get so tired of it at times its I don't even like doing side jobs as much as I used too. Forget working on my own shit, that always seems to get forgotten:confused:

Congrats on getting yours almost done tho....:thumb:

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I am with ya Eric . I wrenched for a living on cars and trucks and anything that would come close to fitting in the shop . I left that for pipeline . Something different almost every day . I now love my job and love my hobby ...:D

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
RANT BEGINS NOW, I love the body style of my truck but HATE these injector cups :mad: Im pretty sure i have at least one that has pushed on me. Haven't gotten to take the truck down the road yet. Just adding coolant and letting it run made the coolant pressure tank go freakin crazy high on the resivor. All radiator lines are hard as a wedding D. Bubbles continously coming from the resivor lines. Damn it Jim. Guess ill let it sit till next weekend when i can pull the glow plugs and look for coolant. Still got two chevy trucks to work on and a D4 and a mazda 6 to do full services on.......All yea i work 4 tens and im usually off mondays but have to work tommorrow too. ahhhhh beer is tasting real good tonght :thumb: RANT OVER

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
RANT BEGINS NOW, I love the body style of my truck but HATE these injector cups :mad: Im pretty sure i have at least one that has pushed on me. Haven't gotten to take the truck down the road yet. Just adding coolant and letting it run made the coolant pressure tank go freakin crazy high on the resivor. All radiator lines are hard as a wedding D. Bubbles continously coming from the resivor lines. Damn it Jim. Guess ill let it sit till next weekend when i can pull the glow plugs and look for coolant. Still got two chevy trucks to work on and a D4 and a mazda 6 to do full services on.......All yea i work 4 tens and im usually off mondays but have to work tommorrow too. ahhhhh beer is tasting real good tonght :thumb: RANT OVER

I feel your pain, I'm a full time tech as well. I had a valve not seating after head gaskets and studs on my truck. FML P.S., on the cups that is why I had the machine shop take care of mine!

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I wish i would have pulled and at least resealed them now or had sting do it i should say....Its my fault and can not blame anyone. The truck runs great. Just has alot of pressure in the coolant resivor. Oh well. I will get it figured out soon enough after a couple months of looking at it LOL

i hear ya dude. I'm 20 and a full time toyota tech for 3 years. I'm already burned out. i never feel like working on my own shit anymore. :(