Engine diagnosis

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Starting to gather engine parts finally. My new job slowed me down some but i am starting to gather parts slowly. Big thanks goes out to Ed for donating a set of pistons to my build. I ordered Hamilton valve springs sunday afternoon. Already have ARP head studs from Tim Jackson that I bought back in May. The next purchase will be rods and gaskets+ injector tips and machine work.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Starting to gather engine parts finally. My new job slowed me down some but i am starting to gather parts slowly. Big thanks goes out to Ed for donating a set of pistons to my build. I ordered Hamilton valve springs sunday afternoon. Already have ARP head studs from Tim Jackson that I bought back in May. The next purchase will be rods and gaskets+ injector tips and machine work.

No problem. Nothing one back yard guy with a pole barn wouldn't do for another.;)

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
How much power were you making??

I would say around 720ish to the wheels. I ran 3 times at NTR in may. I went 12.35 with a 1.67 short time. Went 12.15 with a 2.02 short time. Went 11.94 with a 1.86 short time. The trans shifted shitty the first two passes but was picking up alot every pass. The 4.56 gears wouldn't let me trap no more than 113 everytime i ran the past two years. The valves would float really bad going through the traps. I had a 475 turbo with dual pumps and water meth when i hurt it on the 11.94 pass. The truck smoked like crazy at a idle after it cooled down from the last pass. Truck only has 49,000 miles And weights 7,100 pounds.

good question,

Ported heads in the works for the build?
Nope, Stock cam and heads are going back on. I should have my hamilton valve springs this week. If trent and Camomax can run low 10's and high 9's with stock heads and cam i think i will be fine :thumb: Ported heads don't do much in a force induction app when the stock casting isn't poor like a cummins head and your running stock sized valves. IMHO its a waste of money to port a head and not get bigger valves or cam. Your not opening the valves longer or having a bigger valve to push the air through so its still going to flow as much as the cam and valve will let it.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Just a little update on my engine build if anyone cares:hug: I have recently ordered rods, gaskets, balancer from Henry.
Eric wife said we got mail from you today so she will be at the bank tomorrow. As stated I think he got my check:thumb: Even know ill have to save up alittle for machine work i am that much closer to the truck rolling again lol. Alls i need to do is pay for machine work, injector work and a good engine builder :angel: Thanks to all thats been a part of this build and wish me luck this sunday and looking at a new truck in the garage:spit:

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
Nope, Stock cam and heads are going back on. I should have my hamilton valve springs this week. If trent and Camomax can run low 10's and high 9's with stock heads and cam i think i will be fine :thumb: Ported heads don't do much in a force induction app when the stock casting isn't poor like a cummins head and your running stock sized valves. IMHO its a waste of money to port a head and not get bigger valves or cam. Your not opening the valves longer or having a bigger valve to push the air through so its still going to flow as much as the cam and valve will let it.

i would atleast do the exhaust side. just sayn i have my reasons,but dont we all

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
New truck what are you looking at ?

Don't laugh but possibly a 6.5 diesel extra cab long bed 5 speed thast a 1998 with 45,000 miles on it...Its mint condition for 7,000 yea im having withdraws from my old 6.5 (yea i had one that was modded,waste gate, exhaust, gauges, lift, tires rims, heath chip boost fooler, marine injectors, intake, etc. Or possibly a 04 blown up dmax with twins, built tranny the work, port polish guy heads, valve springs, 4 inch lift, 28,000 miles for 10,000 :) Nothing set in stone. The new job is going GREAT :D and Im sick of the yaris because shortly ill have a service truck to drive every day :thumb: Man I miss my truck

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Pics of the yaris :roflmao:

Here they are.. Eric the reason you got the error is because they where to large:thumb:

Attachments

• yaris 005.JPG
    yaris 005.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 29
  • yaris 006.JPG
    yaris 006.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 23
  • yaris 007.JPG
    yaris 007.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 18

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
A little update. Got my ATI balancer yesterday and my carrillo rods today:D. I didn't know the carrillo's had the wrist pin oiler like the Howards? Is that a up date or were they always like that?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
A little update. Got my ATI balancer yesterday and my carrillo rods today:D. I didn't know the carrillo's had the wrist pin oiler like the Howards? Is that a up date or were they always like that?

My carrillos dont. I know you can get them like that but it is an upgrade$$$$$

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
never mind. They are standard Carrillo's. I told my wife i never new X amount of money was that heavy lol....ah hopefully i will have this puppy back in by this time next year :roflmao: