Engine diagnosis

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
IMHO bigger valves are a waste of money, springs is what will get you the most power with heads. Port work never hurts, mine i mainly had done and matched the intake to them, then i had problems, so ive been running heads that dont match my intake all year, didnt seem to hurt me to much.:rofl: Cams dont seem to be a huge need when drag racing, pulling where you need power at certain rpms, they are a must imo.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I want to give a big thanks to Henry from creatures of the night. He has had to put up wiht my broken parts list for a few weeks now. Thank you Henry lol. I also want to give a huge thanks to BES or Tony Bischoff for personally meeting me on a saturday morning (even know they were closed) and answer all my questions and being nothing but nice. He even got a good laugh out of a diesel engine in the trunk of a toyota yaris:roflmao: Thanks guys and sooner than later the engine will be in Jeff aka "sting pullers" hands :thumb:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
A little update, I got a call this afternoon from BES and the machine work is done. The block, rotating assembly, heads will be heading back north some time next week :woott:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
If anyone cares, Since i haven't updated anything for a couple months. The engine is at stingpullers shop minus the injector tips. I shipped the injector tips out to extrude hone this past monday and they called me today so they could get right on them. They are now payed for and should be back hopefully early next week! The engine should be completely back together within a week or so. Unfortunately the weather has turned to pure shit here! Soooooo even if i get the engine back in I still won't drive it untill it turns nice in late march or so because my truck doesn't even see rain ne along salt/snow :roflmao::angel: I always said this truck was my 69 camaro.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It was 6 long months for my build and Henry and Darryl really helped me out alot.Theres nothing like the 1st fire up after a very long time and the smile you have after the 1st drive in a long time. Git r done

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Sting now should have the last parts to the puzzle. Hopefully by April i'll have it running again lol. Its only been 8 months now.....Im getting the bug again. I haven't talked to sting since i dropped off the rest of the parts but the engine might be close to being together now.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
It runs!!!!!!!!!! I had it running last monday but had to pull a passanger side valve cover off and had a injector harness wire loose. Today i fixed all of that and installed the hood and bumper. Truck fired up and sounded as it should :D. Im very happy and hopefully it stays running this good. Even know the compression is around 14to1 it still fires right up. Its about 40 degrees here and had very little smoke. Over all im sick of working on the damn thing but glad all at the same time that its almost done and i will once be able to enjoy/drive my truck again.