Engine build

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I found out, it's pure performance. I found the web sight, they want 6500 for the kit..... we will be making something similar for mine.

Good find and thank you for posting it, I appreciate it.
It was looking nice till you see the price & added 3" of track width for each side

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I won't be adding width to the front end, would be nice to add a couple inches to the rear though. Need to check out my upper arms to see if both shocks will fit through them. I have an extra set with springs here to use for mock up. If they won't fit I'll get four short ones to come the frame lower on the frame to get out of the way of the upper arms.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Just called the company that makes the kit in the above pic, they will sell the top brackets separate. They are for 2011 and newer trucks. We will be making a set for mine, pics will be posted when we get started. Can't wait

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sounds like a job for you James

Plus it will look pretty damn sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you throw out the upper shock mount for something custom, everything changes. he and i talked about a solution for what he was running prior to this. cant remember if i needed more info back or if i gave him an option for a coil spring which was not cheap. i know the spring he is running now is not a good choice

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I ordered the springs we talked abt, it coil bound as soon as I lowered the truck on them. My front end is abt 4200 lbs.

something had to have been off from what we talked about because i have another truck that ran those springs afterwards without issue. he was 4000 on the nose and 200lbs wouldnt change it that much. interesting either way.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Took the lock up box apart and mounted the switches in the dash. The gauge on the left goes between the turbos to see what vac pressure is there, the other is for rear diff temps. Just need to run the sensor wire to the rear diff.

picture.php

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Started on the shock mounts today. The upper oem mounts where bent from the weight, They where even gusseted. The new setup is looking pretty sweet.

When the shock or spring becomes the bump stop, this will happen. I suggest while you are building the new shock towers, you cycle the suspension and make sure your bump stop for full bump works correctly.