Engine build

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
We got the 3.5 in boost tube on. Been busy with the move and all. It drives and looks a lot better with the new pipe.

I'd also say my cooling system is pretty spot on.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
both those springs are very close to coil bind. i would have looked at going with a longer spring in the same 900lbs or 1000lbs over just upping the rate. unless you have done the math or want to post the math, put a zip tie around the the middle coil (not tieing two coils together, just around diameter of steel). next time you drive the truck, look at the zip tie. if its gone, broke or the plastic looks some what smashed on top or bottom, you are coil binding and have too much preload in the spring

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I couldn't fit 12 inch springs on my shocks. I prob needed 10 inch all they had was 8 inch.

well you can but i have a special setup to do it :D

if you want, tell me how much preload you have in the spring, then how much the shock compresses from full extended to ride height and i can see if there might be a better spring for you. also let me know if you want desired ride height higher than it currently is or left alone

this info will tell me just how close you are to coil bind as well.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
All this talk of coil overs figured I would put some input in here. Not sure if you have swapped to the shock hoop setup now or not. What we are doing on this 2WD drag truck is getting rid of the stock upper shock mount. Then we will weld an upright piece of square/rectangular tubing or U-Channel to the frame. It will be drilled and tapped on the outer face for a shock mount that can be moved up and down to change ride height. It will give us more room for a longer shock without getting into shock hoops and all. This being a 2WD we are also centering the bottom mount of the coil over in the lower control arm. We want a lot of travel in the front of this truck and no coil bind as it comes down from a launch.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
All this talk of coil overs figured I would put some input in here. Not sure if you have swapped to the shock hoop setup now or not. What we are doing on this 2WD drag truck is getting rid of the stock upper shock mount. Then we will weld an upright piece of square/rectangular tubing or U-Channel to the frame. It will be drilled and tapped on the outer face for a shock mount that can be moved up and down to change ride height. It will give us more room for a longer shock without getting into shock hoops and all. This being a 2WD we are also centering the bottom mount of the coil over in the lower control arm. We want a lot of travel in the front of this truck and no coil bind as it comes down from a launch.

when you cut out the old shock mount and run a new hoop/mount, a whole new world opens up for running coilovers and they can easily be adapted in to the specific ride height you want while giving you the max amount of travel the ball joints can take.

I gave mopar a spring to use that will work for his setup but its not cheap and preload would have to be done on my special press.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Changing a couple things out, Mild upgrades. Also cleaning up the wiring mess, I have some of the painless wiring wrap covering that looks braided. Removing all of the pig tails and wiring back to the bale connectors that are not being used. Should clean it up a lot.

picture.php
picture.php