LMM: EFI live

If I was told that Dustin.I would have don that a long time ago.You were wrong as I was wrong .Hopefully this gets settled .

Ignore the "I already told you" stuff - it's not doing you or Dustin any good. I see you've posted again, so you should have read my post too if you are responding to Dustin. Do you accept ATP's offer of the exchange ECM and refundable core charge? or option B in my post. My post is below so you don't have to weed through all the posts in this thread again.

Lets stop with the name calling. Not everyone in life is designed to get along with everyone else. Lets assume that Dustin and Mike fall into that category for whatever reason and break the cycle.

Irrespective of what has happened to Mike in the 6 months leading up to now, and the 10 pages of posts in this thread the way I see it is:

ATP have offered to send Mike a stock ECM (Dustin posted this today), allow him to switch it over, return the original ECM and the AutoCal for a refund. Mike are you happy with this arrangement?

Alternatively, earlier in this thread I suggested you post your data log, and lets see if we can diagnose the problem you are experiencing. While your experience with ATP hasn't been a good one, I'm concerned if Mike goes somewhere else for tuning that he will experience the same issues - in my opinion, if Rob can't fix it the problem will be repeated with the next tuner regardless of if he uses be that a box tuner or custom tune.

Cheers
Cindy

Why is it wierd to have sold this tuning on hundreds Of trucks? A lot of trucks run the same exact mods. So why not build a tune that has proven itself for years on the same truck? Makes sense from a business stand point. A lot of us that live in bfe can't have rob dyno tune our trucks so we trust that his tuning works for us. I've had no issues except the po108 code I was getting early on and Rob fixed it quickly. And maybe I'm dumb but can someone explain to me why this guys trucks has to b down to send the auto cal back? Can't u load a stock tune into it and send the auto cal back. If not cant someone nearby load one from a v2 so he can drive it.

Edit:dustin beat me to it on the tuning. I need to mention I sent a log to rob to fix my issue.
Our licensing scheme doesn't allow licenses to be reused, so once a controller is licensed, the license can never be reclaimed, so we don't 'track' the type of tune flashed into the controller.

In this case, ATP have no way of knowing that the truck was returned to stock.

Cheers
Cindy

I've removed a couple of posts that are detracting from this thread. In hindsight I should have been onto this much earlier, however with time zone differences much of the material would remain present for 6-8 hours before I would see it anyway.

Lets stop it right here.

When you have issues with a product and it doesn't get resolved in a short period of time people tend to get agitated and upset. Different people react in different ways. I'm not saying the way in which Mike has posted is acceptable, or that any one party is to blame. But as mature adults lets give Mike the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to have his issue resolved in a civilised manner.

If you cannot offer Mike assistance in resolving his issue, you no longer have a place in this thread.

Cheers
Cindy

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
Old man thats funny .Why are you getting all offensive if you did not do anything.Oh wait I must be lying again.When another poster on df said that they didnt think they let those people on here(blacks).then I seen you throw a black joke..Play your games too.I dont care .once a illiterate always one.

Go back there and look at the thread in question I never made the black joke... but now I wish I had, and illiterate... LOL please. Have you ever seen any of your posts, oh literary master it is not OFFENSIVE... it is DEFENSIVE is the word you were searching for in the context of your bro.k.e.n. up statement.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
If you cannot offer Mike assistance in resolving his issue, you no longer have a place in this thread.

Cheers
Cindy

Last I checked this wasn't mike's thread and he didn't come here to resolve a problem, he came here to bash a business. just FYI

06CCDMAX

More power
Dec 22, 2011
I've removed a couple of posts that are detracting from this thread. In hindsight I should have been onto this much earlier, however with time zone differences much of the material would remain present for 6-8 hours before I would see it anyway.

Lets stop it right here.

When you have issues with a product and it doesn't get resolved in a short period of time people tend to get agitated and upset. Different people react in different ways. I'm not saying the way in which Mike has posted is acceptable, or that any one party is to blame. But as mature adults lets give Mike the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to have his issue resolved in a civilised manner.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy, I understand and respect your stance here. Now this thread was started by a 3rd party however, asking about ATP, and Hrlyguy is the one who did show up to bash.

All I want to make clear is this isn't the first act from him, and it ALL FAIRNESS to ATP, it should be allowed to be stated as such. OTHERWISE, it makes ATP and Dustin look worse if this isn't known.

( I know I'm a 3 post noob here. But I'm not new to the group overall, as evident by a 1700+ count on DF. I saw this play out, it just played out on a different forum, that's all.)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Last I checked this wasn't mike's thread and he didn't come here to resolve a problem, he came here to bash a business. just FYI

Last I checked this is EFILive's section of the forum. They make the rules here. Just FYI.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
Last I checked this is EFILive's section of the forum. They make the rules here. Just FYI.

:thumb: thanks for alerting me to the fact that this is their SUB-forum, I never would have gathered that from the name on the sub-forum EFILive. I was totally mislead when I was told that on DD no one would help you. Thanks bud your response has clarified it fully for me.

Cindy, I understand and respect your stance here. Now this thread was started by a 3rd party however, asking about ATP, and Hrlyguy is the one who did show up to bash.

All I want to make clear is this isn't the first act from him, and it ALL FAIRNESS to ATP, it should be allowed to be stated as such. OTHERWISE, it makes ATP and Dustin look worse if this isn't known.

( I know I'm a 3 post noob here. But I'm not new to the group overall, as evident by a 1700+ count on DF. I saw this play out, it just played out on a different forum, that's all.)

In 11 pages of MOSTLY BS, back stabbing and personal attacks you're both right in pointing out it's not Mike's thread. But at the end of the day that's what it has turned into. Sure there are posts related to the OP's question, but the majority of posts relate to Mike.

Purchasing a product from a company and getting good service is what all of us expect, but what separates a good company from a great company is how they deal with difficult situations. The OP will learn a lot about the character of a company when threads like this develop.

Dustin has publicly stated today what ATP is willing to provide - no misconceptions, no smokes or mirrors, and publicly for everyone to see. That in itself demonstrates a company that stands by it's products and customers. It takes time and money to deal with issues, I'd also suggest that the amount of time Dustin has spent on this one customer has already cost ATP more than the money they made on the sale, and still they are offering to help resolve the issue.

How this thread moves is now in Mike's court. Irrespective of what you think of him, or what he has done in the past, it's now public for all to see. I hope he accepts either offer and gets what he wants, but if he doesn't, this tripe will be on the internet for the rest of eternity. In business you make decisions on who you sell your products too and who you don't. With his name publicly in the spotlight if he called you would you sell him anything?

My thought process for asking you to refrain from posting was not to let this thread get further off topic. When threatened or attacked personally you tend to focus on the negative/personal things and can miss the important message sitting between all the other stuff. Lets not put Mike in that position and make it clean and simple.

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
You are correct. It will be here for eternity. So to the guy/gal reading this a year from now, 2, 5?, it's not that some of us "just have to be right", it is that we want the record to be set straight, here, in writing. False information and loose ends leave a lot of unknowns

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
So again remind how your "two" tuners saw a "bad timing curve" in a locked tune.

oh ya... you cant.;)

I went for a ride for about 5 minutes with my V2 hooked up and could feel how it was messed up. It's not terrible, but it's far from being right. I'm going off memory here, but I think it was 6 degrees main inj timing at cruise 1800 iromain and 10 degrees at WOT and 2800rpm. There were some other things wrong, but they are user preference type things.

I'm 100% sure that anyone would be able to open that tune file up and see the problem in less than 15 seconds. I noticed it right away watching it with a V2 in my hand.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I went for a ride for about 5 minutes with my V2 hooked up and could feel how it was messed up. It's not terrible, but it's far from being right. I'm going off memory here, but I think it was 6 degrees main inj timing at cruise 1800 iromain and 10 degrees at WOT and 2800rpm. There were some other things wrong, but they are user preference type things.

I'm 100% sure that anyone would be able to open that tune file up and see the problem in less than 15 seconds. I noticed it right away watching it with a V2 in my hand.

Sounds like my truck!!!!! Was the mm3 limited too?

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
Sounds like my truck!!!!! Was the mm3 limited too?

I don't believe so. Like I said, it was a 5 min ride. Mike came to my shop to buy some Harley exhaust. I had 2 trucks here to tune. He asked me some questions and I told him I didn't have much time. I asked the customers at my shop if they would mind me going on a test drive around the block. They said it was fine. I grabbed my spare V2 and used it to monitor the parameters. We went around the block and he left. All I was told is they sent another autocal and that didn't fix his issue. They told him to send his ECM back with the autocal for a refund. He said he couldn't have his truck down, so that wasn't an option. There was nothing I could do to help. His main concern was for me to tell him if there was an issue with his truck. His truck is fine. It's well maintained, clean, and didn't show any signs of having any issues the short time I was in it.

If a log was sent to ATP, I'm sure they could fix whatever was causing the problem. If this was my customer, I'd demand a log or send a stock ECM out and get the tuned ECM and autocal back. Either way, I can't believe this has gone on this long and went this far.

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I can hear the wind blow.

So what's the deal now? Did we finally establish that Dustin will send him a stock ECM and refund the guy the money once the tuned ECM and autocal get back to ATP....? Is that hard or am I missing something?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Ok then on another note. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to reverse and driving away

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
So in a 5 min drive you can deem this man's truck as mechanically sound? That the same exact tune in hundreds of other lbz's run in this same way and no one else reliezes it? Did you ride in it on the stock tune and log it to see what was going on? So is it only seeing 10* at WOT or only after it hit 4th gear as stated previously?