LMM: EFI live

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
maxpwr, you will be fine. As far as codes, if you do have an issue your tuna can make a revision and fix what ever problem comes up. There's not much these guys havn't seen and fixed in the past.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Hey Steve, why don't you explain to Josh how it all works???

Should be a good read...

Get cocky dude. Why dont you tell us??? :cool2:

Timing is not dependant on current gear like hrlyguy2 claimed it was. If you think differently, PLEASE enlighten me!!!! :confused: ;)

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
How what works? Timing? Or how a timing cell is selected in a tune?

Since it is an LBZ, and you all love splitting hairs, I'll do the LBZ:

Foot pushes pedal>pedal position (in %) references to a "desired ft-lb" (torque) value>that torque value then selects the appropriate mm3 (fuel quantity) cell>that mm3 (fuel quantity) value is used to select the appropriate timing cell.

If you sit down with EFI Live for 5 minutes you can figure this out.

If this doesn't answer you, then I dont understnad the question. :eek:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
At 100% throttle, timing scales across a single row of timing cells. These timing cells are scaled with RPM.

Baring some grossly huge error on the part of the tuner, shifting will not cause a 10* drop in timing.

Being that these are scripted tunes, that error is impossible.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
But... but.... If I understood EFI Live and how it works Steve I wouldn't be able to blame my tuner for all my issues.... tuning, mechanical, personal and political. Don't ruin a good scapegoat for guys like Hrlyguy who need to point fingers blindly

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Hrlyguy2 is he not the one who got all uber butthurt and ragequit DF and demanded his username be deleted.

Don't let one person who has had issues with Robs tuning (that may or may not be within Robs tuning anyways) shy you away or concern you. I have dealt with Dustin several times and he has always been straight up with me and never bullshitted me. I have ran robs tuning on 2 trucks now and I like the tunes and they run just fine. If I had an issue I am sure Dustin OR Rob would have no issues helping me out. In fact they took time out of their schedule to help me before I even got his tunes.

Yes he is and threatened me in that thread.