LMM: EFI live

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Rob and dustin have done me right. Ive put tunes in 3 trucks so far with one issue. I was getting a map code at wot. Sent Rob a log and he had it fixed quick. U guys should try emailing rob that's the best way to reach him IMO. He will get back to u.

06CCDMAX

More power
Dec 22, 2011
Hrlyguy2 is he not the one who got all uber butthurt and ragequit DF and demanded his username be deleted.

Yea! He got upset OVER NOTHING! Then threatened physical harm to other members, and went off the deep end. It wouldn't surprise me that he's just trying to get something for FREE out of ATP.

THOSE TYPES ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. BTW: Rob's gonna be doing my tuning for SURE! :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll explain what I was getting at since it seems to have gone over everyone's head. Which gear sees the biggest drop in RPM on the shift? In my experience it is the 3-4 shift has the biggest drop, especially on a truck that has converter locking issue (which for whatever reason seems to be pretty common on the 6 speeds). The 4-5 shift is very close to the same drop as the 3-4, but if the guy doesn't run it up to 80+ MPH, he won't see the 4-5 shift. If the timing curve drops a lot of timing where the RPM drops to on the 3-4 shift and it doesn't go that low enough on any other shifts to reach that point on the timing map, you won't see the timing drop you do on the 3-4 shift. Make sense? Here's a screen shot of a log to show what I'm talking about. You'll see the 1-2 and 2-3 shift don't drop much RPM, the the converter locks at the top of 3rd, and there is a huge RPM drop on the 3-4 shift. You can see the 4-5 shift also has a big drop, but like I said earlier, if you don't run it up fast enough to get a 4-5 shift, you won't see it in a log. Depending on what size tires you are running and the RPM you have it set to shift at, that could be well over 80 MPH.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Log file RPM drop.png
    Log file RPM drop.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 155

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Yea! He got upset OVER NOTHING! Then threatened physical harm to other members, and went off the deep end. It wouldn't surprise me that he's just trying to get something for FREE out of ATP.

THOSE TYPES ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. BTW: Rob's gonna be doing my tuning for SURE! :thumb:

Not really sure i'd say paying 500+ dollars for something and it not working the way you think it should, would be considered over nothing.

And then to come on here and accuse people of trying to swindle a business out of money is a bit uncalled for.

Think alot of people just need to mind their own damn business and stop making assumptions of others and hop off that bandwagon most of you are on.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so I will bow out.

Just my .02 on the situation.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I also want to clarify, I am in no way taking sides with hrlyguy2. I am very good friends with Rob, and I have the utmost respect for him and his tuning ability. However, I don't think it's right to call someone a liar when you haven't sat in his truck and looked at a log or felt what it is doing. I prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt rather than jump on the bashing band wagon.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you have a converter locking issue, then you have a converter locking issue not a tuning issue.
I wasn't arguing anything about a converter locking issue. I was simply showing how it could be possible to see a 10 degree drop only on the 3-4 shift. Do you agree it could be possible after reading my post?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Do you agree that its possible to have that issue in any gear? The issue was not that low RPM was causing a timing drop. Any of these "experienced tuners" would know that if the RPM drops then the timing drop is NOT a problem.

He stated the tunas said timing drop was his issue.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Do you agree that its possible to have that issue in any gear? The issue was not that low RPM was causing a timing drop. Any of these "experienced tuners" would know that if the RPM drops then the timing drop is NOT a problem.

He stated the tunas said timing drop was his issue.
I do agree it is possible, but that wasn't the question. The question was is it possible to only see it on the 3-4 shift. I haven't followed with great interest what problems the truck has been having, so I don't even know what it is doing. Whatever it is, I, like you, doubt it is because of the timing dropping on the 4th gear shift.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I do agree it is possible, but that wasn't the question. The question was is it possible to only see it on the 3-4 shift. I haven't followed with great interest what problems the truck has been having, so I don't even know what it is doing. Whatever it is, I, like you, doubt it is because of the timing dropping on the 4th gear shift.

Sure it is possible to see it only on the 3-4 shift (if your having issues locking the converter)

It is just as possible to only see a drop in timing on any other shift baring any other of a plethora of issues, not just converter issues. (And rightly so if RPM takes a large drop as well.)

My point was, this guy has no different tune than many other trucks that run it just fine. I think that ALONE is enough to prove that the issue is 100% not tuning related.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sure it is possible to see it only on the 3-4 shift (if your having issues locking the converter)

It is just as possible to only see a drop in timing on any other shift baring any other of a plethora of issues, not just converter issues. (And rightly so if RPM takes a large drop as well.)

My point was, this guy has no different tune than many other trucks that run it just fine. I think that ALONE is enough to prove that the issue is 100% not tuning related.
That is completely beside the point. The point is, you said it wasn't possible to see a timing drop only on the 3-4 shift. I simply said I thought it was and showed how I thought it was possible. That's as far as my discussion goes.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
That is completely beside the point. The point is, you said it wasn't possible to see a timing drop only on the 3-4 shift. I simply said I thought it was and showed how I thought it was possible. That's as far as my discussion goes.

Then we have a problem of mis-communication. I believed you were implying that timing, outside of RPM, mm3, etc is at all affected by the gear that the trans is in.

Of course timing is affected by RPM and regardless of whether the issue is a late converter lock bringing your RPM down, or a sled holding you back, or re-gaining traction...it doesnt matter. If the RPM drops the timing should as well.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Then we have a problem of mis-communication. I believed you were implying that timing, outside of RPM, mm3, etc is at all affected by the gear that the trans is in.

Of course timing is affected by RPM and regardless of whether the issue is a late converter lock bringing your RPM down, or a sled holding you back, or re-gaining traction...it doesnt matter. If the RPM drops the timing should as well.

That was why I quoted your post where you responded to me when I said it was possible and said, "Exactly. RPM..." I thought you might understand what I was getting at. Then I got busy at work and didn't have time to get back to this thread to further explain until I got home.

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
To whatever thinks what.Yeah I had issuses since the day I bought everyting from ATP.
2 autocals ,Missing parts from my exhaust system which he said they make me a part .WASNT HIS ISSUE I CALLED DE they helped me out alot more.Emailed Rob with my issues He quoted in a email which I still have that he had issues with my truck trying to tune it.Never been right since.
I tried with DUSTIN many Times to solve this.They both said send my ECM BACK AND AUTOCAL..Which I be w/o my truck.Send me STOCK ECM back And I will send you it all back NOT MY ISSUE.
My truck runs fine stock no issues at all.With tunes theres been issuses.Blows so much black smoke on 4th tune at 110 I smoke out every one. Which I hate.EMAILED Rob and DUSTIN .ROB SAID ITS A DIESEL. And you have maybe a boost leak.I didnt .happens on high tunes only.
Dustin and I OVER THE PHONE SENT THE LOGS TO THEM .4 TIMES Blamed it on my computer .WHICH IS THE SAME PC SENT MY STOCK TUNE TO THEM W/O ISSUES.
So tell me How this is my issue,I asked for my money back but they want to keep me truckless which is my work truck.
I was told by Dustin he get back to me with my amount of refund again NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM AGAIN which I kept all my emails and text. due to it being shady .
I really dont care what some of you say if you dont know what is going on stay out of it.
I DID CROSS THE LINE SAYING SOME THINGS I am out money and PISSED.
AS for the tuners I am not going to say and you bash them too.AND I DID TELL DUSTIN one of them HE wants to lie .SHOWS HIS REAL COLORS .
SAY WHAT YOU WILL I CARE LESS .UNTIL I GET MY MONEY I WILL COMMENT ON EVERY ATP POST IF I HAVE TOO

AND FOR YOU MUD DOC ,I ASKED TO BE KICKED OFF THE DF FORUM DUE TO THE RACIAL COMMENTS ON THERE ,WHICH YOU WERE PART OF THEN DELETED . DF APOLOGIZED FOR THE COMMENTS AND DELETED IT.

Rip on my friends for standing up for I am sure they dont care aswell .For the other guys saying it can be done seeing issues on a lock tune Well your right if you have the v2 and knowing what to look for .

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
To whatever thinks what.Yeah I had issuses since the day I bought everyting from ATP.
2 autocals ,Missing parts from my exhaust system which he said they make me a part .WASNT HIS ISSUE I CALLED DE they helped me out alot more.Emailed Rob with my issues He quoted in a email which I still have that he had issues with my truck trying to tune it.Never been right since.
I tried with DUSTIN many Times to solve this.They both said send my ECM BACK AND AUTOCAL..Which I be w/o my truck.Send me STOCK ECM back And I will send you it all back NOT MY ISSUE.
My truck runs fine stock no issues at all.With tunes theres been issuses.Blows so much black smoke on 4th tune at 110 I smoke out every one. Which I hate.EMAILED Rob and DUSTIN .ROB SAID ITS A DIESEL. And you have maybe a boost leak.I didnt .happens on high tunes only.
Dustin and I OVER THE PHONE SENT THE LOGS TO THEM .4 TIMES Blamed it on my computer .WHICH IS THE SAME PC SENT MY STOCK TUNE TO THEM W/O ISSUES.
So tell me How this is my issue,I asked for my money back but they want to keep me truckless which is my work truck.
I was told by Dustin he get back to me with my amount of refund again NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM AGAIN which I kept all my emails and text. due to it being shady .
I really dont care what some of you say if you dont know what is going on stay out of it.
I DID CROSS THE LINE SAYING SOME THINGS I am out money and PISSED.
AS for the tuners I am not going to say and you bash them too.AND I DID TELL DUSTIN one of them HE wants to lie .SHOWS HIS REAL COLORS .
SAY WHAT YOU WILL I CARE LESS .UNTIL I GET MY MONEY I WILL COMMENT ON EVERY ATP POST IF I HAVE TOO

AND FOR YOU MUD DOC ,I ASKED TO BE KICKED OFF THE DF FORUM DUE TO THE RACIAL COMMENTS ON THERE ,WHICH YOU WERE PART OF THEN DELETED . DF APOLOGIZED FOR THE COMMENTS AND DELETED IT.

Rip on my friends for standing up for I am sure they dont care aswell .For the other guys saying it can be done seeing issues on a lock tune Well your right if you have the v2 and knowing what to look for .

Yeah... like they are going to send you another ECM. You have and want money back for tunes on your ECM and an Autocal unit. Now you have another ECM from them that they will probably never see again.

Look at it from both sides of the story or are you too CLOSED MINDED to comprehend that there could be another point of view??? :angel:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Yeah... like they are going to send you another ECM. You have and want money back for tunes on your ECM and an Autocal unit. Now you have another ECM from them that they will probably never see again.

Look at it from both sides of the story or are you too CLOSED MINDED to comprehend that there could be another point of view??? :angel:

Seems like your the one in this thread having a hard time with that.