Eaton OH Pull

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Again, show me a stock charger, stock injector, single CP3 truck that does over 550 (I'll even give you EFI live).

Workstock is entry level, not my fault clubs fukd it up by allowing stuff they shouldn't (like the current 2.6).

Guys who built motors, installed Cheetah's, dual pumps, injector, etc should be in 2.6 not entry level workstock. Problem is 2.6 is getting out of their reach so they would rather stay lower and beat on the little guy. The higher you make 2.6, the mote you encourage it....

http://www.dmaxcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5011 :thumb:

They are out there... maybe not around you, but diesels is a whole different sport around the central region.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Again, show me a stock charger, stock injector, single CP3 truck that does over 550 (I'll even give you EFI live).

Workstock is entry level, not my fault clubs fukd it up by allowing stuff they shouldn't (like the current 2.6).

Guys who built motors, installed Cheetah's, dual pumps, injector, etc should be in 2.6 not entry level workstock. Problem is 2.6 is getting out of their reach so they would rather stay lower and beat on the little guy. The higher you make 2.6, the more you encourage the big fish in the small pond.

If 2.6 didn't get so out of hand, I bet 2.8 would have survived and you would have had more logical progression. The 2.6 pullers are to blame (and you can quote me)...

4-500 or over 550? Make up your mind.:confused: Dual pumps have never been allowed in WS but it took 500 plus to win before Cheetahs and the big single CP3s came around. Stock injectors? How do you tech that?

The problem in 2.6 is the guy that wants to street drive their truck and pull competitive in 2.6. Those days are and should be over.

You think $100 restrictor tube is all you spend? How many guys will be happy losing 200 hp and just live with it??:roflmao: The same guys with big bucks now, will spend it again. Then what??

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
4-500 or over 550? Make up your mind.:confused: Dual pumps have never been allowed in WS but it took 500 plus to win before Cheetahs and the big single CP3s came around. Stock injectors? How do you tech that?

I said 400-500 was average, and then gave you chance to show all out at 550 (hopefully not too confusing). As for teching stock injectors, not really practical but you are still limited with fixed air.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
http://www.dmaxcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5011 :thumb:

They are out there... maybe not around you, but diesels is a whole different sport around the central region.

If you read, uncorrected numbers, non stock injector, non stock CP3.

Again not easy to tech, but would still be cheating (whether or not he gets caught would be another thing).

Again show me a few stock charger, stock sticked, stock cp3 trucks over 550......edit: which is what workstock should be.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I said 400-500 was average, and then gave you chance to show all out at 550 (hopefully not too confusing). As for teching stock injectors, not really practical but you are still limited with fixed air.

Ok, so start the restrictor tube out with the workstock class. That will solve 2 problems, keep the hp down, and keep people from jumping down from 2.6. Cause any competitive puller isnt going to want to jump from 900hp to a restricted class.

Your not going to march into the most competitive diesel pickup pulling class in the country and tell them they have to drop 200hp. Not going to happen. People argue most about this class cause it has the most competitors, and it is very competitive. The only way the restrictor tube will keep people from arguing in this class is if it drives everyone out of it.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
If you read, uncorrected numbers, non stock injector, non stock CP3.

Again not easy to tech, but would still be cheating (whether or not he gets caught would be another thing).

Again show me a few stock charger, stock sticked, stock cp3 trucks over 550......

Look, if you cant tech it, it cant be illlegal, plain and simple. You pretty much just proved that the restrictor will not help in teching one bit.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH

You said 400-500 should be the average for WS and I asked how you would dial it back, not that is was the average. A lot of Dmaxs back in 06-07 were 500 hp or just north of it. Yes a few at 550 back then - Calendar, Danville, Evan, etc. How many now? More! 6-700 hp I referred to was in the midwest last year with modded chargers, modded pumps, etc.

Why are you so hell bent on here and Comp D to see this happen? How does it effect you? That's my biggest problem. Most of the people pushing the changes aren't pullers. I got my @ss handed to me last year and I still want it to stay the same. If you put an S300 on the truck for fun on the street, expect to have your butt handed to you if you decide to hook it. If you don't want to build a truck, don't expect me not to!

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Ok, so start the restrictor tube out with the workstock class. That will solve 2 problems, keep the hp down, and keep people from jumping down from 2.6. Cause any competitive puller isnt going to want to jump from 900hp to a restricted class.

Your not going to march into the most competitive diesel pickup pulling class in the country and tell them they have to drop 200hp. Not going to happen. People argue most about this class cause it has the most competitors, and it is very competitive. The only way the restrictor tube will keep people from arguing in this class is if it drives everyone out of it.

Again FIRST I want to see if it will work.
Then decide on which classes would benefit from it.
Maybe good for 2.6, maybe not. I do agree workstock would seem to benefit the most.

I do know all the turbo bitching is not good for the 2.6 class....

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Again show me a few stock charger, stock sticked, stock cp3 trucks over 550......edit: which is what workstock should be.

I'm still wondering why you keep saying stock injectors and now a stock CP3. Neither have ever or will ever be rules in WS.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
You said 400-500 should be the average for WS and I asked how you would dial it back, not that is was the average. A lot of Dmaxs back in 06-07 were 500 hp or just north of it. Yes a few at 550 back then - Calendar, Danville, Evan, etc. How many now? More! 6-700 hp I referred to was in the midwest last year with modded chargers, modded pumps, etc.

Why are you so hell bent on here and Comp D to see this happen? How does it effect you? That's my biggest problem. Most of the people pushing the changes aren't pullers. I got my @ss handed to me last year and I still want it to stay the same. If you put an S300 on the truck for fun on the street, expect to have your butt handed to you if you decide to hook it. If you don't want to build a truck, don't expect me not to!

Very good question!
Those that know me know I have truck pulling in my veins. I've seen things come and go and seen classes take off like rockets only to crash and burn (watching it happening again). I truck pull, have been President for a few terms, pulled gas and diesel, go to others clubs meetings, help other clubs out, worked on our own sled, worked on others, and do whatever I can when I can.

I can also put my self into the shoes of a true workstock guy (read my sig) wanting to go the next step to 2.6 and see that its way too big of a jump. I won't do it as my truck is a daily driver, but I can still feel the pain of those who want to go to the next level (as it wouldn't be a stretch for me). It's amazing what happens (and what you realize) when you put yourself in someone else's shoes....

Take a truck like mine, how much would it cost to make a strong running (top 5) 2.6 truck that takes into account wreckage prevention. Then how much for ODL.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I'm still wondering why you keep saying stock injectors and now a stock CP3. Neither have ever or will ever be rules in WS.

AGAIN 2.6 isn't the only class that's gone too far. Workstock should be entry level. Big injectors and big CP3's should not have been part of it. Again the pullers and rule makers are to blame.

I guess everyone can play dumb or say I don't care or it's too late. Unfortunately that's not me, if it was I would have dropped the restrictor discussion LONG ago.......

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Sorry but 90% of pullers start out in the workstock class. I remember when Troy Wakeman pulled a stock turboed dmax. I pulled workstock for years and daily drove my truck. I would never expect people to lower the hp, to make it easier to catch up, that would be selfish of me. This is the nature of any motorsports... its nothing new... Either you want to build it, or you dont... if your waiting for the class to come down to you, i hope your not holding your breath.

EDIT: My point of that is, most of us were in your shoes... we did it the hard way, now were out of them shoes, to expect us to go back to make it "easier" is kind of retarded.

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
Where are you from? You think workstock is 400-500hp!:spit::spit::spit:

Obviously not from here

map.gif

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Also no disrespect to the guys that have tested this, or want to test this. I just dont think its the right time for it, nor does the turbo rules need to change yet again for a few years.

No hard feelings here, Let me clarify my feelings:
~I am not pushing a restrictor tube, not now, nor later.
~I can not change anybody elses rules nor do I want to.
~I think now is as good of a time as any for testing whether it's used or not in the future who knows?
~I do agree the rules should not be changed until most can agree on a solution but history has changed them more often then they should be.
~I also have invested money in a charger that I can not go out of my state to pull.
~I've tested other crazy shit, why stop now?
~I was involved in this protrusion stuff early what''s the difference with this?
Again JMHO

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Obviously not from here

map.gif

You are correct. 3 out of the "lower 48" makes the majority of truck pulling. How foolish was I to think people pulled elsewhere. Guess the other 30+ (I'll even give you 10 other states) surrounding states should follow suit as you guys are the truck pulling know it alls........my bad.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Where is it crashing and burning? All this internet crap and I'll bet you the first hook for Central Ohio has 40 plus trucks in 2.6.

I think you are living in a dream world that this magic restrictor tube will dial the big boys back enough to make it anyone's game. You still have to build a truck to compete and it's not going to be cheap then or now. Add in the tube and horsepower per dollar will soar! Case in point AGAIN - super farm. Perfect set of rules and the guys pay big money for an extra 20 hp. That $2500 charger now that you may not buy because of the tube will be $4500 when one of the innovators out there finds the way to make more power through the tube.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
No hard feelings here, Let me clarify my feelings:
~I am not pushing a restrictor tube, not now, nor later.
~I can not change anybody elses rules nor do I want to.
~I think now is as good of a time as any for testing whether it's used or not in the future who knows?
~I do agree the rules should not be changed until most can agree on a solution but history has changed them more often then they should be.
~I also have invested money in a charger that I can not go out of my state to pull.
~I've tested other crazy shit, why stop now?
~I was involved in this protrusion stuff early what''s the difference with this?
Again JMHO

Todd, it doesn't matter what you say, you don't live in the truck pulling mecca, and all you have for tracks is beach sand. You could never know what its like to pull with their caliber :)

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Where is it crashing and burning? All this internet crap and I'll bet you the first hook for Central Ohio has 40 plus trucks in 2.6.

I think you are living in a dream world that this magic restrictor tube will dial the big boys back enough to make it anyone's game. You still have to build a truck to compete and it's not going to be cheap then or now. Add in the tube and horsepower per dollar will soar! Case in point AGAIN - super farm. Perfect set of rules and the guys pay big money for an extra 20 hp. That $2500 charger now that you may not buy because of the tube will be $4500 when one of the innovators out there finds the way to make more power through the tube.
WHEN did I say it was currently dying? It's on the upswing.... I just said I predicted that upswing eventually coming to an end and then a QUICK turn downward (just as happened in the past). Don't think it will be this year or the next, but the way things are going it WILL happen.... I don't have my crystal ball, so I can't give you an exact date. Sorry.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Todd, it doesn't matter what you say, you don't live in the truck pulling mecca, and all you have for tracks is beach sand. You could never know what its like to pull with their caliber :)

I'm not argueing though. They have vaild points also. I'm not sure the 2.6 class needs taming down.
My truck is a heap & would rather not discuss it :D
I understand EXACTLY where both sides of this are coming from.

As I said above I am NOT pushing anything, I'm just willing to test it...that's all

No pissing contest out of me either way :cool:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
This is getting like the aluminum rod debate. If it works & someone wants to use them great, if not that's great also. Just would be nice to have results for an educated decision either way. That is all I'm saying.
I'm out, anybody wants to ask me a question cool but I'm not in this debate :hug: