Drag racing help, time slips included

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Man just run it and practice. Dont get all swoll up over dyno this and dyno that. Log it and practice. Just be happy that a heavy truck runs that good. The faster u make it the more money u spend, remember that.

Agreed I don't give a rats ass about dyno's unless they win me money :) it's cool to see where the trucks at but its nothing compared to the strip.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Do people not learn reading comprehension anymore?

I made my first post just reading from pg 7, after I went back and read your original post(which was very clearly written, and I understood perfectly:thumb:) reading comprehension, yes, due diligence in investigating previous info, no, not so much...:spit:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
But what determines your hp from going down the track? So many factors play into it.

No. Not really. It's pretty simple. Lots of math, but the concept is pretty simple to see. Like Josh said, your trap speed is pretty constant regardless of traction, etc. So you can use that as a pretty darn good measure of HP.

How is that? Think about it. HorsePOWER. Power being the key part of the word. Power is the rate at which work is done. Work is when a force acts to move a body. Basically drag racing is moving an object of known mass, a known distance. And when you are done you are left with the amount of time it took to do that work, and also how fast (mph) that body was moving at the end of the track.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Shows you to be right at 500 hp.

hmm thats weird, that one is the only one that shows me at 500 hp. I googled a couple, and one even has the equation and it shows me at 556 hp, another shows me at 598, another 545 hp. using the equation I got 545 hp.

edit: I failed to mention that when the truck was dyno'ed there could have been no correction factor in place. I am not sure if there ever was a correction factor added from the start.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
y8u2eneq.jpg

Not sure if someone can read that jibber jabber on the bottom, but can you tell if there was a correction factor added?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks like 18% correction factor. The 596 run would have actually been 505 to the ground.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's probably very close. What you weigh? 7400?
I would say the average no weight reduction CC/SB 4x4 is more along the lines of 7000-7100 lbs depending on exactly how much crap is in the truck. I know my truck with nothing extra in it, a 1/4 tank of fuel, stock wheels/tires, and me in the driver's seat weighs right around 6900 lbs. In it's current daily driving configuration with a lot more stuff in it and under it, it weighs about 7200 lbs with the same amount of fuel and my 20" wheels.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I would say the average no weight reduction CC/SB 4x4 is more along the lines of 7000-7100 lbs depending on exactly how much crap is in the truck. I know my truck with nothing extra in it, a 1/4 tank of fuel, stock wheels/tires, and me in the driver's seat weighs right around 6900 lbs. In it's current daily driving configuration with a lot more stuff in it and under it, it weighs about 7200 lbs with the same amount of fuel and my 20" wheels.

That's what mine weighs 7200 with quarter tank and everything I need cleaned out to race, also with my 20" wheels on the truck.