Drag racing help, time slips included

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's what mine weighs 7200 with quarter tank and everything I need cleaned out to race, also with my 20" wheels on the truck.

You would probably be about 6900 with stock wheels and no lift just like me.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I doubt it. In my opinion, those correction factors always seem to be a little generous.

Gotcha, so really tell me this though, why would I even need a built trans?? I mean something must not add up... It could have been that the dyno isn't loaded, and my turbo wasn't fully spooled because I couldn't get it to clean up.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Gotcha, so really tell me this though, why would I even need a built trans?? I mean something must not add up... It could have been that the dyno isn't loaded, and my turbo wasn't fully spooled because I couldn't get it to clean up.

What? I'm not following why you are confused.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

Built trans will last and handle the power. That's like saying why put head studs in? To be safe. Plus triple disk converter.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I trap 110-114mph depending on how I launch, trans shift blah blah blah all I know is it makes at least 299 hp :D maybe when I hit 301hp ill hit my 11.9x run ( truck weighs 7100 with my fat ass in it) might try billings with some different tires see what happens

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Im guesing you weigh around 7k, 7100 and with ur trap I say your right around 490 500rwhp unless your tune is dropping rail like no other. Whats ur eighth mile et and mph?

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I doubt it. In my opinion, those correction factors always seem to be a little generous.

Yes generous.....but it makes happy customers. The dyno I've always used doesn't factor any correction. But with turbo engine they figure 2% loss per 1000' elevation. And according to some, that might be a little generous.

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
you guys make me want to reweigh mine. I was 6600 with no passengers and low on fuel. with random normal stuff in bed and a gun in the seat. me In it would put it at about 6830 give or take;), but I think the zf is about a hundred pounds lighter than an Allison and I don't know if that's dry weight or not. maybe its actually heavier? I weighed it without the dual disc and traction bars to. but had 305's at the time. hmm im gonna go check again.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
What I don't get is everyone said going off your mph in the 1/4 mile gives you your most accurate hp, but with all the calculators I got anywhere from 450-650 hp...

Remember you're at 4400-ft elevation and nearly 100-degree outside temperature.

Five years ago my Ford ran pretty consistent 13.6s at RMR. I raced it in California the same summer with no change to the truck (tuning, weight, or power) and went 13.0 all day long...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

Five years ago my Ford ran pretty consistent 13.6s at RMR. I raced it in California the same summer with no change to the truck (tuning, weight, or power) and went 13.0 all day long...

That's what I wanted to hear. :) .6 faster because if freaking elevation.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin

Yes. We all agree there. But what was the trap speeds between the different tracks?