Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
thank god "Godzilla" took a dump for the other fords guys could use it for a parts truck. :roflmao:

Hahaha, so true!

It's been tough for everyone. Everyone is almost at the end and the top 3 are so close in points. Tomorrow is going to be a big day

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I was wondering about this myself.
Part of me thinks if a component can't take it or if every run you are swapping out a engine/tranny (then that's a little too much, can't afford to do that in real life), but that being said ALL componenents have a life span. Do you penalize a guy who runs 100 passes at the drag strip, 200 sled pulls, 100 dyno runs, tows a trailer daily and then gets to the DPC and a component lets go just because of wear and tear (didn't Matt Gainer lose a hub which some could argue cost him the DPC?). If he got it fixed it would have been interesting.

In most forms of motorsports, if your rig breaks and you can fix it before the next run, you're good to go. I've seen truck pullers pop a boot, break locking hubs, etc during their run and have it fixed before the pull-off and run again. Even NASCAR lets you fix things in pit stops and if you can do it under caution and not lose much ground you are good to go (and guys have even won after).

Fixing things is part of motorsports (it sounds like Tim had an issue with his nitrous system but was able to work on it after the dyno). Things wear, and things break, I do agree though that if guys are replacing a transmission or engine after every event if one has deep enough pockets (and this has nothing to do with what's been said in this thread) than that is excessive.

The hard part is coming up with a "rule" as to what is excessive and what's not.

As to the other "stuff" in this thread, I don't know Dimitri but I can honestly say I'm impressed with his (and his friends) accomplishments, but I do know Tim and he would not "make up things", he stated what he saw and drew a conclusion. If his conclusion was wrong just let him know, he is a smart guy. You getting defensive does not look good and quite honestly the way the light reflects off the rollers on that bearing, it could be an optical allusion or the way the shop lighting is, but it looks like it has a "wave" to it....definitely no taco though. Before I read what was being said/inferred I opened this thread up and saw the pic, I looked at it, saw what looked like a wave and thought someone was posting a pic of it because it had failed.

If it's fine, then I was wrong and willing to admit it, just like Tim but it would seem a logical conclusion just based on a quick visual (which can be misleading). I know it's a competition and tensions are high, but I guarantee Tim would help anyone there and would not intentionally start rumors.

Good luck to you both.

Here is my whole problem with this(you got my blood boiling thinking back about this) becuase we would have won it without a question. Wheel bearing failed on the fuel mileage drive. Here is where things went terribly wrong. Unfortunately, Dennis Perry was the lead car for the drive and didn't stay on the coarse that was mapped out and we were left along the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Our support team drove the entire route and couldn't find us becuase we weren't there. Matt walked a half mile tofind someone that was home to get us an address for our team's GPS unit. Come to find out we were 1.5 miles off the map. Once they found us and we loaded the truck on the trailer and got back to the sled pull event and changed the right front hub but we were then told we couldn't compete becuase we took 5 minutes too long. We were not happy to say the least because they got us lost and that is were all the time was lost and we paided the price for their mistake. After we all calmed down, Matt went ahead and put on an exibition pull to show why the sled pull was our ace in the hole and wasn't even close. The whole deal left a bad taste in my mouth and hope it never happens to anyone else again!

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
3) no nitrous, meth, propane, or natual gas allowed. Water with no meth would be allowed for cooling.

Whats the difference of using it at the dpc and using it at a diesel event you go to. If this is how it should be in dpc then lets make it that way at all the events. That would mean maxd out could't use spray. Who cares what people use or how much they do use.

Yes Dimitri can be an asshole, but he has helped me out in the diesel world even when I ran a dodge.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Interesting.... when we compeated they started off by not even bringing us the correct tire size we ordered. We ran the event on worn out street tires and nothing could be done about it. Also during mileage run we were having trans issues and needed to pull over to clear limp mode and were told to keep going or we would be out. Newly kept drivin stuck in 1 gear running like 4000 rpm just to keep up. Then during sled pull they would not tell anyone the actual distance until after event and intestering thing was you could clearly see that certian trucks went little further than one truck in paticular lol. Not to mention a certian truck getting a rehook when easily past the 100ft mark and nobody else was told they could use that rule. Things that make you go hummmm??? The scoring, the rules and idea is kind of flawed imo. Once you attend you see behind the scenes of how jacked up some of it really is. I know 2 trucks that easily should have placed better than they were told they did.

pog

May 10, 2012
thank god "Godzilla" took a dump for the other fords guys could use it for a parts truck. :roflmao:
with all this bs going around i have forgotten something, could you kindly remind me.. who is leading again? :D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Whats the difference of using it at the dpc and using it at a diesel event you go to. If this is how it should be in dpc then lets make it that way at all the events. That would mean maxd out could't use spray. Who cares what people use or how much they do use.

Yes Dimitri can be an asshole, but he has helped me out in the diesel world even when I ran a dodge.

That would be fine with me. Yes he is an asshole but that doesn't mean he can't be helpful.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Sounds like the Ford camps are pretty happy, I would be too, hell they havent been able to compete in like 10 years. Let them have it, they don't ever get anything else, especially sled pulling.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
This is such a fixed crock of bullshit! How can Jeremy Pierce WIN the first 2 events and finish 4th in the third event and not be leading please explain what I'm missing here???

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Said he won the obstacle course...but can't find any results for that one, minus saying he won it with a 1 min flat with no deductions, but nothing for anyone else.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Said he won the obstacle course...but can't find any results for that one, minus saying he won it with a 1 min flat with no deductions, but nothing for anyone else.

Even if he did win one event he still should be like 3rd or 4th in the points? This just isn't adding up to me

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Ok everyone please dont take this the wrong way!!!!! But some of you have just the hardest god dam time understanding we doooooooo not run dyno numbers on the track!!!!!!! CAB yAND CHASSIE DUALLY 2 TON SUSPENSION 2200 pulse tune running 11.1 at 127 pull the curb weight guys!!!!!! Its funny how our numbers or my numbers are alwaysth called out. Buttttt yet sooooooooooo????????????? consistant........ you guys wanna pull for team duramax then sit back and bla bla bla!!!!!!!! Where is the ****ing line drawn...... were busting our asses so those of you that choose can just talk shit!!!!!!!! Give it a rest!!!!!!!!!! Again not everyone. Just a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know if you calmed down nobody would pick on you right? People who don't have a nervous breakdown every post, don't get picked on or discredited.

Everybody including your team is busting their asses and props to all of them as well as your team for the big numbers. If your on top in anything your going to get flamed. Freaking out about it like a prom queen who just found a pimple will make people flame more. Sit back and let them talk, you know if what you did was right or not. Often times those who overreact when called out are guilty. Not saying you are, but that is why many are discrediting you. Your on top, you know what they say. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Didn't know about an obstacle course. New for this year?