Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
Mile high race track too though. That's flying for that elevation.

Nice run Tim. Decent on the Dyno but blew the doors off on the drag strip! Shows what numbers really matter.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Mile high race track too though. That's flying for that elevation.

:nod: Track sits at 5800ft Depending on the weather what the DA is.

Edit. Another thing unless things have changed you have to use the same tires for all the events.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Tim (or any one that knows),

Did they weigh the trucks at all and do they set a weight for the truck pulls, or you run the same weight throughout the entire competition?

I dont' know if I ever saw it mentioned in the articles.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Tim (or any one that knows),

Did they weigh the trucks at all and do they set a weight for the truck pulls, or you run the same weight throughout the entire competition?

I dont' know if I ever saw it mentioned in the articles.

they weigh the same throughout the event. what you roll in at for weight is what it stays at for the entirety of the event...

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I just figured being it is the DPC people are pushing shit to the limits and all them dmaxs are capable of running at least 10s

Not that guys aren't trying and/or pushing, but if you have a major break this early in the competition you are F'd. I think if it was a one event no holds barred, winner take all it would have been a different story, but that's not what it's all about.

Right now the same competitor won the first two events. I'm assuming they didn't run as big a tune as they dyno'd with and were hoping for a good showing (stay consistent) and not breaking and they ended up winning again. Tim was pretty close though (Congrats again man!).

It's been a pretty good showing for the DMax. Gotta give Chase props too and hope he gets his turbo fixed (as stated I think his truck is going to be near the top in most events and sometimes consistency is the key factor).

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Dmitri tried spooling me with the bottle to my intake but I ledt before he got out of the beams and yhe run didnt count...it wouldve been a low 10 1/8...Rudy leads now with 10.47 I think

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
There is still a lot of stuff left that Tims truck will shine in! Im sure everyone will have a hiccup in at least one event just sucks that it was this one for Tim because his truck is set up to drag anything that hooks behind it:thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Pretty lame that you can have multiple dyno runs, yet 1 chance in trailer tow and sled... As if the dyno's are really that important, and concidering there was a 23% correction added, pretty much proves to me that it wasnt..

Trucks get faster and faster each year, but the rules get more retarded