Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Didn't know about an obstacle course. New for this year?
If it's what I'm thinking of, they started it last year. They set up a cone course you have to pull a loaded trailer through as fast as you can and they add a time penalty for every cone you hit if you hit any.

mdub707

Mar 2, 2009
CNY
www.upstatebombers.com
They say Erik Clausen is leading but he hasn't even finished better than 3rd in any of the events:confused:

Erik is leading,
Pierce and Aaron are tied for 2nd.

Erik killed the trailer tow obstacle course. He also beat Pierce in the trailer 1/8 mile. Aaron won that. Erik set the records for the fastest trailer obstacle course in DPC history, as well as the fastest MPH in the 1/8 trailer tow in DPC history.

:thumb:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
If it's what I'm thinking of, they started it last year. They set up a cone course you have to pull a loaded trailer through as fast as you can and they add a time penalty for every cone you hit if you hit any.

Yeah Josh thats what it is.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
SO Erik won 1 event and got second in another. Jeremy has won 2 events and got 4th in one and whatever his results were in the trailer pulls hmmm still sound like he should be leading or tied for first but we will see whenever they post the total scores

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
Does seem a lil fishy to me too. But without being there to see really makes it suck. On another hand, who the hell left the Big Fn Taco in here? :roflmao: :rofl:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Why can't DPC be a straight forward competition? And who the fugg cares about a trailer tow obstacle coarse.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Erik is leading,
Pierce and Aaron are tied for 2nd.

Erik killed the trailer tow obstacle course. He also beat Pierce in the trailer 1/8 mile. Aaron won that. Erik set the records for the fastest trailer obstacle course in DPC history, as well as the fastest MPH in the 1/8 trailer tow in DPC history.

:thumb:

I'm sure the next couple of years will all be record breaking, fastest in the history of the trailer tow runs since they just started that last year from what I understand...

mdub707

Mar 2, 2009
CNY
www.upstatebombers.com
I'm sure the next couple of years will all be record breaking, fastest in the history of the trailer tow runs since they just started that last year from what I understand...

Good point!

We were laughing about this because the WINNER on the dyno back in 2005 or something was 692hp...

Don't forget Erik also only had 12hrs to prepare for this event, everyone else had 2-3 weeks.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The obstacle course started last year. They've been doing the 1/8 mile trailer tow since they started the DPC or at least very early. I know they were doing it in '08 when I went with Rob, and I know that wasn't the first year for it.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
100 mile loop today to get fuel mileage, which is only used as a tie breaker, then sled pull tomorrow.

Really? They used to do the sled pull after the drive. Why would they pack 3 events into yesterday and only do a 100 mile drive today?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
The obstacle course started last year. They've been doing the 1/8 mile trailer tow since they started the DPC or at least very early. I know they were doing it in '08 when I went with Rob, and I know that wasn't the first year for it.

It did start the first year :thumb: I remember taking video's of it off the line.

I miss LACR :(

Edit. First year events

Dyno Day one
Mileage Test Day one
1/4 mile drag race Day 2
1/8th mile Trailer Tow Day 2
Sled pull Day 2

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Hey everyone. Were on the drive ... the points swing happened when chase and us both took last on one event each... lost 10 points it really through this thing in a spin we need to beat eric in the pull to over take or tie

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
Hey everyone. Were on the drive ... the points swing happened when chase and us both took last on one event each... lost 10 points it really through this thing in a spin we need to beat eric in the pull to over take or tie

well hammer down! Lets not let a Ford take it home again. Good luck n give em hell:thumb:

mdub707

Mar 2, 2009
CNY
www.upstatebombers.com
What did the Ford camp get that year? 387 hp?

Probably, not sure. 400hp used to be the shiz.

Really? They used to do the sled pull after the drive. Why would they pack 3 events into yesterday and only do a 100 mile drive today?

They are, I mis-spoke. They're on the drive now, sled pull later today.

Here's current standings posted by DPM:
1.Clausen

2. Pierce

3. Rudolf

4. Fleece

5. Kennedy

There are 5 or 6 points separating these top 5. It will come down to the Sled Pull.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I think everyone has used at least 10lbs nitrous onthe first leg of this trip, lol. I know we did, we got stuck in 5th trying to keep up with chase! Haha. That was fun.