Dmitri Vs. Shane Kellogg

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Care to fill in those of us that missed it?:D

I wish I would have screen shot it. It was a really long grammatical train wreck of a paragraph. Rattling on almost incoherently about the Cummins having 24 valves but they were bigger than the Duramax's 32 valves. So they were basically the same total valve size. How it was all going to come down to who could get more air into the engine. There was some really sad calculations thrown wrecklessly into effect at one point. I seriously started drooling when I was reading it. It was all I could do to hit the back button and get off the page. I'm still feeling the lingering effects from it today. Need to go read a book to offset the damage it left, if I can.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I wish I would have screen shot it. It was a really long grammatical train wreck of a paragraph. Rattling on almost incoherently about the Cummins having 24 valves but they were bigger than the Duramax's 32 valves. So they were basically the same total valve size. How it was all going to come down to who could get more air into the engine. There was some really sad calculations thrown wrecklessly into effect at one point. I seriously started drooling when I was reading it. It was all I could do to hit the back button and get off the page. I'm still feeling the lingering effects from it today. Need to go read a book to offset the damage it left, if I can.

Wow...... Sounds like we've got a great addition to the forum :thumb: :rolleyes:

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.

X2. I saw it also. He, basically boiled everything down to total area of the valves and called it an even match. Based on that, Dimitri should just put in some larger valves and call it a day. No need to even waste time with the actual contest. For a minute there I thought I was reading a post from Coco Puff. :thumb:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
The whole thing's kind of silly. It's one thing to win a bet if somebody spots you 700 hp. But making less power isn't winning a dyno contest.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah

X2. Applause.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Also something else about he was a diesel nobody, yet knows the duramax better than the back of his ass, or something to that effect.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The whole thing's kind of silly. It's one thing to win a bet if somebody spots you 700 hp. But making less power isn't winning a dyno contest.
I agree, even spotting lengths to someone in a dragrace is strange in my openion. You spot him 3 and he wins by a fender, did he really win?

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
This gona happen with the crap Dmitri got in. Heard he spent a night or so in jail and got out on bail.