Dmitri Vs. Shane Kellogg

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
It's not the mechanical injection that is the advantage it's the experience that Haisley has in their pocket. They made more on a single charger fuel only than any of us have ever seen from a Dmax. We are just getting started and they have been at it for awhile but we will catch up...:thumb:

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I mean fuel, air and compression is all that matter regardless of everything else to make power, and that formula has been around for years regradless if it is haisley or if it is me building the engine. I can see mechanical injection being a advantage, but that is it. What is the advantaged of a cummins over a duramax.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I mean fuel, air and compression is all that matter regardless of everything else to make power, and that formula has been around for years regradless if it is haisley or if it is me building the engine. I can see mechanical injection being a advantage, but that is it. What is the advantaged of a cummins over a duramax.

Rpm and amount fuel injected.... mechanicals can be built to turn stupid rpm

Not to say electronic won't eventually catch up.....

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Rpm and amount fuel injected.... mechanicals can be built to turn stupid rpm

Not to say electronic won't eventually catch up.....

How many Cummins go over 5-6k rpm? I know of a few duramax's that are right at the limits of what efi live will support for rpm. And wish they could go more.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
How many Cummins go over 5-6k rpm? I know of a few duramax's that are right at the limits of what efi live will support for rpm. And wish they could go more.

I think smarty boxes max out fueling at about 4200 rpm thats what most of the dodge guys are complaining about.
P-pump can turn as many rpm as needed

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
It's not the mechanical injection that is the advantage it's the experience that Haisley has in their pocket. They made more on a single charger fuel only than any of us have ever seen from a Dmax. We are just getting started and they have been at it for awhile but we will catch up...:thumb:

What ever happened to the guy with the duramax mod pulling truck? I don't recall his name but it seems like I heard he was the one who built the first dual cp3 kit for the dmax and sold it to ATS? I thought that truck was supposed to be giving the big hp Cummins a run for their money?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
What ever happened to the guy with the duramax mod pulling truck? I don't recall his name but it seems like I heard he was the one who built the first dual cp3 kit for the dmax and sold it to ATS? I thought that truck was supposed to be giving the big hp Cummins a run for their money?

Kyle Micheal. The Climax truck represented the Duramax community very well in the mod class last year.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Kyle Micheal. The Climax truck represented the Duramax community very well in the mod class last year.

So is he competing on the same level as the top mod pullers and putting down respectable pulls compared to the Cummins guys? If so then I do not see why Dimitri wouldn't stand a chance in this scenario :confused:
ON EDIT: I guess the real question I'm trying to ask is does Kyle Michael know something everyone else doesn't and would he be a better man for this job?

Last edited:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Considering what is in Kyle's truck, and what the top Cummins trucks consist of, the hooks are very respectable.

I don't know anything about dynos or dyno competitions. Nor do I know what Kyle knows and does not know about a Duramax. Kyle is pushing the limits and trying new ground though.
Also I think Dmitri has proven he knows how to dyno and make big power with a Duramax.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Considering what is in Kyle's truck, and what the top Cummins trucks consist of, the hooks are very respectable.

I don't know anything about dynos or dyno competitions. Nor do I know what Kyle knows and does not know about a Duramax. Kyle is pushing the limits and trying new ground though.
Also I think Dmitri has proven he knows how to dyno and make big power with a Duramax.

Won't this competition be on an engine dyno?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Yea, that dyno is dead nuts on. I made 790 on fuel on that dyno.

And that 6.0 of yours runs real good.
Pretty sure the Dillsburg #'s are spot on like you said.
The only thing on it is that torque tops out at 1600 there so depending how they shoot the nitrous the hp may vary a little. As in speed it makes the torque.
I think thats how a dynojet works at least since I don't own one yet.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
And that 6.0 of yours runs real good.
Pretty sure the Dillsburg #'s are spot on like you said.
The only thing on it is that torque tops out at 1600 there so depending how they shoot the nitrous the hp may vary a little. As in speed it makes the torque.
I think thats how a dynojet works at least since I don't own one yet.
The torque doesn't top out 1600. It used to, in the past, but the dyno was programmed for 2000 ft lbs, the night before SF, Dave and Bags updated it to 2500 via a new programming file since we were anticipating big numbers.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The torque doesn't top out 1600. It used to, in the past, but the dyno was programmed for 2000 ft lbs, the night before SF, Dave and Bags updated it to 2500 via a new programming file since we were anticipating big numbers.

Ok thanks for the update I was kinda wondering about that.
Then I think we had a real good shootout up there
What did yours make this year with all 8 cylinders:D