Info: DIY VGT build

The Dude

Sep 8, 2015
I'm very excited to hear what you think. I'm strongly considering this as well on my LMM

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I just bought a Lly turbo. Going to be doing fingers vanes, 10 blade turbine, rebuild kit with either a wetzel or tct.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I want to be able to pull my 25ft gooseneck trailer with it also for now and thought the 68 might be a little much for that. I will keep the 68 and see how it performs with the stock size first. It's tuned by Eric (Wisconsinhick1) right now and will be having him update the tunes for the new turbo. I'm hoping tuning it will not be a PITA!

I will be installing a 3" Y-bridge, hot and cold pipes, LML drivers manifold, 3" down pipe and Profab tow flow up pipes when I install the turbo. Should be a fun DD!

Don't let that guy tune it, he'll screw it all up!!!! HAHA:roflmao::roflmao::hug:

Eric's a hell of a nice guy!!

Looks good Zak!!, you'll like it once its all together/installed. Do some porting/polishing and it will really wake it up!!:woott:

Yellowchevy

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I plan on doing some porting and polishing on it. Not sure when I'm going to get around to it right now, getting pulling truck done is priority right now!!!

Oh, and I know what you mean about that Eric guy!:D

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Got the Wetzel wheel today. Here's a comparison between the stock size Wetzel wheel vs. the 68mm wheel.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 169

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
So your running a stock size Lly wetzel? I have the same build planned as you. Just need the vanes and compressor wheel right now. I like the price of the wetzel much better than the tct. I haven't seen any videos of a wetzel with the 10 blade turbine. Maybe I need to wait on the compressor wheel till you get yours done! Your doing the fingers vanes right? When are you expecting to have this done?

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
So your running a stock size Lly wetzel? I have the same build planned as you. Just need the vanes and compressor wheel right now. I like the price of the wetzel much better than the tct. I haven't seen any videos of a wetzel with the 10 blade turbine. Maybe I need to wait on the compressor wheel till you get yours done! Your doing the fingers vanes right? When are you expecting to have this done?

Fingers vanes, 10 blade turbine and Wetzel wheel for now. Its probably going to be a month before I get it installed, have to get my pull truck finished up first!

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Fingers vanes, 10 blade turbine and Wetzel wheel for now. Its probably going to be a month before I get it installed, have to get my pull truck finished up first!

Mine will be a little while yet too haha. My rebuild kit, turbine and turbo will be here this week. Gonna be ordering my vanes soon. I will probably send the turbo to mine rigger before I buy a compressor wheel to have him port and polish it. I'm just curious what the wetzel will sound like. Regardless though it will sound better than my stock lmm turbo! I should just buy the dam wetzel lol

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Does anyone have a part number to the 03 6.0 turbine wheel and how does this DIY compare to the 3794vvt spec wise?

Last edited: