Did you all know this?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Update:

Went to see Jeromy today....he looks great! Chest tube is gone......ventilator gone......fixing his jaw this week!!!! Still some swelling so replacing skull bone is gonna have to wait a lil while longer but it does seem that new things continue to happen as the swelling goes down. Today he was holding my hand in his right hand which he wasn't doing before and his right eye is open a lil bit!! Not 100% sure but he seems to be looking at us when we talk to him. God is healing him and giving him strength! Thank you all for the prayers and I ask that you keep em comin!!!!

:thumb:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
She is posting almost daily updates now...

Ok everyone....they just finished J's jaw surgery. Everything went good, they did have to rebreak the left side but he's good. They put in 4 screws and wired his mouth shut.....which for anyone who actually knows him knows that its good that he's still unconscious or else he would blow up from not being able to run his mouth. LOL No, seriously he seems to be improving daily. His mom said that he has been more responsive today and that the swelling is going down more and more. So keep praying for him and the rest of us as we wait, sort of impatiently, for him to wake up.

Looks like Jeromy has a long long road ahead of him.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Posted on 10/14:
Jeromy was moved from ICU last night!!! He was runnin a temp again this mornin but with some tylenol it came right back down. Still isn't awake yet but that's ok he will wake up when God is ready. Went to see him today and he looks great. He wasn't very active while I was there but his mom said that when she went back in with him that he was a little more active and the fever had stayed down. Praise God!!!! Can't wait til he opens his eyes so that we can really get this show on the road. Its gonna be a long rough time for him but with the love and support his has around him he'll get through it. Please continue to pray for him and the rest of us.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
update:

Well CT came back and they said that the inside of the damaged part looked good just the outer part was bad. Dr is gonna wait to put the skull piece back on until more swelling goes down. When I was with him today he opened his eye a little and then after I left his mom text me and said that he had had his eye open for a while and would blink and open it right back up. Looks like he may be gettin ready to wake up. Yay!!! Thank you God for this. Yall keep prayin for him, he still needs the prayers.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
update:

From Jeromy's mom:
They have weaned him down from 65% to 35% oxygen...tryin to get him down to where he is breathing room air...lots of secretions but they r above the lungs...they say he is doin good...sometime they may move him to a regular room...dk if it will be before skull surgery or what...his O2 saturation is good...heart rate is good....he's coughing and swallowing a lot.....an makin faces(lol that's Jeromy).....movin hands and arms...and she thought for the 2nd time that he has moved his left foot but may just be seeing things.
He's getting better everyday!!! Thank the good Lord, keep the prayers comin. I tell him everytime I go to visit him that all of yall are prayin for him, he seems to like that I get on here so much cuz he squeezes my hand the most when I talk about being on here and when I say something about me working on his truck LOL Send another update as soon as I get another one. Thanks yall for everything!

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Only thing was from yesterday (10/25), she was replying to a DP member:

Engineer:
I will definitely be letting him read this. Or I will read it to him, if need be. I want him to know exactly how many people were pulling for him to get better. He had a thread like this for his brother Brody when he was in the hospital and Jeromy was in awe of how many people responded to his thread. He's a good man and he has a big heart so I felt it was only right for me to start one for him. I love him and I will be sticking by him throughout this long road to recovery.

As for updates, the one post she made on the 23rd read:
I will definitely do that as soon as I get back to Longview to see him.
..so i dont think she's been back to the hospital in a few days.