Crossfit

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Well I did my first day this morning. It was just one on one with the trainer going over the basics. Then some lite warm ups and stretching. Went over proper shoulder press form then finished up with a small workout that worked me pretty good. Very pumped for my next one on Friday

4 rounds for time - Took me 20 minutes. Lots of room for improvement. lol
250 meter row
25 air squats
10 SP @ 95lbs - Last set and a half killed my time

did you have to clean the shoulder press?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I am sure I will. The biggest problem is my work schedule and getting to the gym. There are some weeks where I am only in town 1 or 2 days.

Ya consistency is key. The programs from my experience are blocked up 2 week strength, 1 week heavy metcon, 2 week strength etc

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The real question, are you seeing any improvement in your physique? I know a guy who has been doing this for 2 years now, and I'm not impressed at all.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The real question, are you seeing any improvement in your physique? I know a guy who has been doing this for 2 years now, and I'm not impressed at all.

Yes in 5 weeks I have noticed a definite increase in strength and physique. For me its crucial to eat huge as with crossfit there is tons of cardio involved. I want to keep my lean physique while adding lean muscle. I like running so ill never be "swole". Ive learned while working out 5-7 hours a week I need Atleast 2500 calories a day to gain probably should be getting in 3000 but its tough to eat that much man

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado

You have a point. I see so many people train hard and then eat total trash. You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Many people are willing to sweat for an hour, but not give up favorite "food". I don't get it.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
3.5k every day. Hard living. I want that 500lb deadlift in 12 weeks so I will continue on my course of gluttony.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You have a point. I see so many people train hard and then eat total trash. You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Many people are willing to sweat for an hour, but not give up favorite "food". I don't get it.

Yes nutrition is 80% of it imho. Eating paleo is easy for me which is why I've done it for so long. Its also important to minimize stress, sleep a lot and not over training is huge too. Personally I've never liked going to a gym and working out which is why I like the class atmosphere it pushes you hard

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
You won't overtrain. Crossfit may leave you sore because of the odd volume they do, but over training is something that is thrown around alot. Look at John Broz and his lifters or an other world class olympic or powerlifting place. Not being confrontational, just saying don't be afraid to push wayyyy past where you think you can go especially as a beginner.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
You won't overtrain. Crossfit may leave you sore because of the odd volume they do, but over training is something that is thrown around alot. Look at John Broz and his lifters or an other world class olympic or powerlifting place. Not being confrontational, just saying don't be afraid to push wayyyy past where you think you can go especially as a beginner.

This. Overtraining is hard to do. Not eating enough and not sleeping enough are common issues though.

I train CrossFit 5-6 days a week and run marathons regularly...Eat a lot, sleep a lot!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Strength: EMOM in 10 min
1PC+1HPC+2Jerks @ 75-80% of your 1RM Jerk

3x15 Unbroken Wall Balls (work on "the catch" and achieving depth below parallel)

WOD
Conditioning: 5 Rounds for time
200m Run
12 Alt. Single Arm DB Snatch (70/50)
12 SL Sit-Ups

WOD took me 10:01

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I consume on workout days 150-220g of carbs as I reached a point where using fat for my primary fuel source plateaued. Fact is tons of people don't consume more than 50g of carbs a day as they prefer ketosis.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
This is true for some but for high intensity work it just doesnt cut it. Its a good listen though. The stuff about gut bacteria and lack of carbohydrate is interesting.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
This is true for some but for high intensity work it just doesnt cut it. Its a good listen though. The stuff about gut bacteria and lack of carbohydrate is interesting.

Oh no doubt on a HF/LC diet my digestion was bad... Good gut bacteria needs food and fat isnt something they are favorable too.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah from what that guybwas saying they actually die off and you can really alter absorption. No small wonder as bacteria thrive on glucose. He was saying he was anto carb in his earlier years but it had pretty adverse effects on many people.