Crossfit

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah from what that guybwas saying they actually die off and you can really alter absorption. No small wonder as bacteria thrive on glucose. He was saying he was anto carb in his earlier years but it had pretty adverse effects on many people.

Healthy gut flora is necessary for adequate nutrient absorption. After giving up the strict paleo montra of we lived on fat and meat I started gaining muscle and my lipid panels improved dramatically

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So you no longer do a strict paleo diet? What's your eating style now?

Paleo with "safe starches" and more fruit than just berries and some cheese. Plus the occasional beer or cider I became way to strict to the point that I was under eating by 500-700 calories a day

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
I have been doing Crossfit for about 6 months and I love it! I really wish that I had more time to focus on it and go more often. Thankfully everyone at my box is very nice and its an enjoyable experience. I could never push myself at a regular gym like I do at Crossfit.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Healthy gut flora is necessary for adequate nutrient absorption. After giving up the strict paleo montra of we lived on fat and meat I started gaining muscle and my lipid panels improved dramatically

Yes I am aware of how your gut works. Its just nice to hear guys that sre authorities on the subject are not sticking to 5 year old ideology. If you didnt have gut flora you would end up with C. Diff haha. That guy was not a fan of fruit either oddly enough. He said bananad and papayas but other than that its too much fiber for an athlete to eat regularly. Kind of crazy.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
lol at over training. "Over training" is what causes us to grow in size and strength. Some guys like being skinny, weak, and fast. Those are the guys that actually believe in over training. I do not know a single power lifter or serious body builder that is scared of over training. I take alot of advice from people i see doing things i want to do. For example a friend of mine who weighs 193lbs and has a 3 lift max thats over 1700lbs. Thats like weighing 200lbs and benching 600, squating 600 and deadlifting 600lbs.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
lol at over training. "Over training" is what causes us to grow in size and strength. Some guys like being skinny, weak, and fast. Those are the guys that actually believe in over training. I do not know a single power lifter or serious body builder that is scared of over training. I take alot of advice from people i see doing things i want to do. For example a friend of mine who weighs 193lbs and has a 3 lift max thats over 1700lbs. Thats like weighing 200lbs and benching 600, squating 600 and deadlifting 600lbs.

When it comes to lifting I definitely believe its pretty tough to overtrain. However there have been times while I was training my long distance running I got to a point where I had no stamina when running 5+ miles and needed a week off and after that I felt good again.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008

There is definitely such a thing as overtraining. You have to listen to your body. Most people do not work hard enough that they can say they are overtraining but there is definitely a point where one can overload themselves. Id imagine the reason you don't hear of powerlifters and serious bodybuilders over training is partly because they make sure they eat and sleep enough and train smart. That and quite a few will be running some sort of AAS. But I understand what you're saying. Work yourself as hard as you can, eat enough, and you will grow.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Overtraining does exist. I took a 3 week break from the gym, when I returned all my lifts were substantially higher. I was also using AAS at the time.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
It was like I hit a wall, even on gear I wasn't changing. So I said F it. Took a break, and wow am I glad I did.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well the whole point of any PED is to take your body past where it would go drug free. You are intentionally overtraining, thats the whole point. The average novice drug free lifter is not going to over train. You just dont have the mental capacity to push yourself that far. Now being stupid is different like the kids who are doing GHD sit ups for 30 minutes and end up eith rhabdomyolysis. Some people do stupid rep schemes and equate that to over training rather ran stupidity.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Overtraining does exist. I took a 3 week break from the gym, when I returned all my lifts were substantially higher. I was also using AAS at the time.

When yuo started back up did you do the exact same lifts? There's a big and often mistaken difference between over training and plateauing...

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
There might be 3% of natty lifters that could possibly "overtrain"

Most people use "overtraining" as an excuse to skip a workout. I don't give a chit if you are all natural or slamming 500 migs of test cyp twice a week while swallowing anavar like candy, when you walk Into that gym there is at least one muscle group that isn't broken down to shit. Do work

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
You guys are crazy, if you believe your body can rebuild muscle tissue as fast as you can break it down in the gym....

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Well the whole point of any PED is to take your body past where it would go drug free. You are intentionally overtraining, thats the whole point. The average novice drug free lifter is not going to over train. You just dont have the mental capacity to push yourself that far. Now being stupid is different like the kids who are doing GHD sit ups for 30 minutes and end up eith rhabdomyolysis. Some people do stupid rep schemes and equate that to over training rather ran stupidity.

What you describe is NOT over training. That's called training.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
When yuo started back up did you do the exact same lifts? There's a big and often mistaken difference between over training and plateauing...

My reps at 225 on bench press nearly doubled, now that's not to say my max doubled hehe.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Anyone watch any of the crossfit games this past week? Those girls are no joke :D

Im not a cross fitter but I love watching the games. This years games were actually really fun to watch too. Both the girls and guys are pretty impressive...but on a side note, camille leblanc-bazinet is a babe