Congrats Trrent goes 146 mph

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Just got home thanks all for the congrats I was, and am still very proud of what was accomplished that night and what respect it gives all of us Dmax guys to what the competition said could not be done ! Regardless of what time it really was , all i have to say is its not worth arguing over i will post what i know as of this point and am going back to Sac or Boise in a month to try to validate something .

Lets start by comparing the 2 runs with the same MPH

on the 10.50 i tried to heat my rear tires , according to Randy i never got the water off of my tires and the were covered in water , when i launched i blew through the tires in first and second gear , hit the rev limiter twice the truck defueled to 12mm3 both times , then the truck took off like a rocket to the tune of 10.5 @ 146 , in the log you can see each defuel event lasted .6 sec( if the log time is correct ) .

I then dropped tire pressure 6 psi at every corner , left 300 rpm harder and the truck hooked great and pulled way harder than it ever has , the only thing in the log that looks to have cost me ET was the 1-2 shift which only de-fueled to 83 mm3 this time as opposed to 12mm3 in the last run, and lasted .3 sec instead of .6 ( according to logs ) the rest of the run I had no other shifts that were "slow" and the truck generally felt perfect . so as you can see there was a substantial difference between the 2 runs and cant even be compared to each other , the only way to settle this is to get back out to a "Fast" track and try again ASAP butn the truck red lit in the first place from the converter surging , i could barly stage it was doing it clear through staging , thats the main reason i didnt beg for another run , so its needs to be sent to Precision and be checked out before i can go back out , but it felt fine when loading the truck up so ........ that is why it will take me a while , and have top get alot of paying stuff done first .

Once again Thanks every one , and thanks to all the guys in Calli for warm welcome , it's a great group of guys out there :hug:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I agree it was an insane run and would have been spectacular watching a dmax run 146mph :D

My best guess would be a high 9 which is still crazy fast. That track is fast, Jason even went 12.2 on his stock turbo...

damn I wish I was there seeing all this in person.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Really impressive. Especially knowing how much effort you've put into it and the budget restraints you had to deal with. Glad it's worked so well.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
ok i am trying to trim this video down. does anybody know if the time and MPH comes on as soon as you cross the line or is there a delay?
here is what i trimmed it down to. if it looks like it is right. it would be a 9.89 second pass
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjIwy_nWvjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjIwy_nWvjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
ok i am trying to trim this video down. does anybody know if the time and MPH comes on as soon as you cross the line or is there a delay?
here is what i trimmed it down to. if it looks like it is right. it would be a 9.89 second pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIwy_nWvjk

I have been trying to break down the video... it is 99mb's and the limit from gmail is 25. The only other way i know how to send it too you would be via file transfer in AIM

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
well i got the video i figured out how to download it off of youtube. but im trying to figure out the sensors. and how long the mph/time comes up after he crosses the line.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
here is another one
im trying to figure it all out as best as i can [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Q4S5wKxvpg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Q4S5wKxvpg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
if i go by this video it would be a 9.84

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
here is another one
im trying to figure it all out as best as i can
if i go by this video it would be a 9.84
Thanks man ,I have no clue were the sensor is for the final time maybe some one else knows ?
Congrats Trent, Nice fabricating work and Crazy Fast , Nice meeting you. Good luck this season.

X2 your truck is wicked man you should post some pics up in the gallery section for all to see, the attention to detail is incredible and that portable air jack for changing tires was Bad A** :D

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
as already stated trent congrats man! Truck is really getting dialed in man can't wait to see what's left in her:thumb::thumb:

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Just as a point of reference, my '55 ran 9.25 @ 147 with a decent 60' time...That was at 3500 LBS...The redlight argument does not apply, as MPH does not lie...Congrads Trent...

^^Excactly!!!

To all the Math Maticians, and skeptics on here, let's see yall's sh!t do 146!! Congrats Trent:thumb:!!!!

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
kyle did you start when the light went red? there should be pretty much no delay in the board display, besides the time it takes the bulbs to light up