Cknight199 motor build thread

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Went up this morning and helped put the motor in and do some odds and ends to the truck. Truck is running awesome!

First startup:
a73002c0dd25a0cd3599d463bc64008f.jpg

I went with 16.5:1 compression to help aid with the cold weather. It has a hard time getting started tonight when it was cold, 32 degrees, but it gets much colder. I also only am running one battery which definitely doesn't help the cold starts. Here is a quick vid of the exhaust at idle right after a cold start. Granted the motor still needs to break in. Only 200 miles so far. :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzleUuHsxE

I'll get some more vids tomorrow after I detail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
I run 1 850 cold crank battery and even below zero it cranks right over

Sent from my iPhone

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
Hey Knight, I love this build thread. It has all the ups and downs of a good movie. Very entertaining, lol. Actually I'm impressed with how quick you committed to the build and how it all came together so fast. Good job bud. Are you doing performance parts at the Diesel Mechanic job you got?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Should start fine at 32 and one battery? Aren't you only on 40 over injectors? Maybe it's the forged pistons. Forgot you went forged

I'm pretty sure it's just the forged Pistons being cold and not expanding yet, allowing a lot of blow by until they are expanded.

Are you dd this truck?

Yes I do

Do you have glow plugs?

Yes I have glow plugs, they might be turned off on my tune though since I haven't seen the coil light up.

Hey Knight, I love this build thread. It has all the ups and downs of a good movie. Very entertaining, lol. Actually I'm impressed with how quick you committed to the build and how it all came together so fast. Good job bud. Are you doing performance parts at the Diesel Mechanic job you got?

Thanks, I planned the build for months in my head lol, just couldn't afford it at the time.

What cam?

Thought he went with wagler cam?

I believe it is wagler with a similar grind as a socal 9100.

Correct. I'll post up the specs this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Nice, I personally would have used fingers cast Pistons on a DD truck but I wish you many trouble free miles :thumb:

Glad to see it back together rather quickly