Cknight199 motor build thread

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
If you call a company and flat out ask multiple times about their failures and problems, your going to get answers like this. If you want to keep a business going, you wouldn't go telling guys off the street where your problems are ;)

Oh i realize that I just wanted to see what they would say lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yeah? Whos?

The industrial race truck claims 2200hp. Track says 1500.

Dmitris mouth is faster than his truck, also makes less track HP to dyno.

Custom auto is a 3rd.

Need I say more?:confused:

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah? Whos?

Custom auto is a 3rd.

Dmitri has left them so he actually might start making some good power now.

Surprisingly he did make 40+ runs on the dyno over 1800hp and it all stayed in one piece.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Yeah? Whos?

Custom auto is a 3rd.

Your statement was that the trucks that run Cobras only see the dyno, 2 of the 3 trucks mentioned by you have seen the track (and run 9's). Husker and chavis run their injectors, the guy who holds the #1 spot for fastest duramax runs them too.

I am not wanting my build thread to become a pissing match about dyno's and track times. I believe comp D already has that covered ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
45a12f53c78e9b82d2775a6dc72f7f2c.jpg
cp3 fittings showed up, and the fuel coolers.
a8e1add8c6cf3660cd18a15dd408baf0.jpg

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Your statement was that the trucks that run Cobras only see the dyno, 2 of the 3 trucks mentioned by you have seen the track (and run 9's). Husker and chavis run their injectors, the guy who holds the #1 spot for fastest duramax runs them too.

I am not wanting my build thread to become a pissing match about dyno's and track times. I believe comp D already has that covered ;)

Like I said, those injectors are nothing special. :thumb: my point in saying those dyno queens proves they don't make the real world power they claim. Anybody can look good on a set of rollers. No pissing matches here. :cool:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Dmitri has left them so he actually might start making some good power now.

Surprisingly he did make 40+ runs on the dyno over 1800hp and it all stayed in one piece.

When any of those queens make a full power 1800-2200hp pass on the strip and have the numbers to back it up I will retract my statement. We all know they won't any time soon. I find it comical how many people get sucked into the dyno world and actually believe it. No big deal to me I just don't see the reasoning.

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
When any of those queens make a full power 1800-2200hp pass on the strip and have the numbers to back it up I will retract my statement. We all know they won't any time soon. I find it comical how many people get sucked into the dyno world and actually believe it. No big deal to me I just don't see the reasoning.

Not saying your wrong but I think part of that is the fact that they can't hook up. There's definitely things that can be changed to make em hook up better as far as I know none of those guys have done it but running 20x12's with potato skins wrapped around em you are not gonna hook lol. I know for a fact Dimitri claimed he couldn't hook and if you watch the videos it appears that's true. And I agree with you that that group is far more focused on the dyno than the track now A Days, I don't really understand that I mean sure it's impressive as **** when a truck can make that much power, incredible actually. I guess the reasoning is they think they will make more sales based on dyno numbers and what not but in my opinion and from reading the forums most of you guys who have been around a long time are far more impressed with track numbers than dyno numbers, and i am with you on that as well. I'm going to leave it with this, as long as people are having fun doing what they love and being decent people, fun to be around, helping each other out and caring about the industry and the people in it wether or not they are dyno queens, drag queens(no pun intended) sled queens or just spectators or all damn 4 who cares!! We all have a common interest at the end of the day...care for one another, help one another, don't hate..on that note God bless and Cayden sorry for hijacking your build thread I think we got alittle off course, keep the photos coming of the progress brotha!!!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
It's common knowledge that the track puts more abuse on a truck. Dyno numbers will always be higher than the track. They can hook up too... Most have slicks. I love the track, but also enjoy the dyno. It's also more continent to dyno when there are events every weekend with pay outs vs the one time a year they have a diesel drag race here locally (which isn't Happening this year)

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Dyno numbers will always be higher than the track.

Yes because dynos aren't accurate and all those guys are doing is bliping the throttle for a huge number. Then go down the track and the numbers are half that... Because the track numbers are the real numbers not that stupid fake ass dyno faggotry.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Just finished painting the frame with primer. Didn't have a chance to get pics, but my switches for the pumps and other accessories came in too. Tomorrow my V2 should get here, and my fuel distribution blocks for the return side too.

Also getting ready to get some parts back from Powdercoating soon.

c4976f887f152a81c9f0aba94615a1d3.jpg

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
traction affects ET more than it affects mph at the track. A good indicator of HP is the mph, a good indicator of how well the chassis works is the ET. Just because a truck doesn't hook up doesn't mean it won't run good mph, especially in 1/4 (not so much in the 1/8).

Of course the mph will be lower than it would if the truck hooked up, but it's closer than you would think it should be. Bottom line is mph tells the HP story.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Finally made some progress on the truck this evening. Painted the first coat on the frame. The primer is orange which makes it easy to see the spots that I missed (looks like rust)
7175172cc7f2d6b7a0e6c02fdaccd648.jpg
062af2f5373163eb941b804208ee7f46.jpg
b75fb6d9866c8b30ab3568863f6b2a13.jpg

My valve cover bolts arrived, as well as some injector fuel return lines built for 3/8" return that will feed into a block and go 1/2" back to the tank.
d61ff294e7b4becaab9a74084719b7e7.jpg
10f6e37a5abc33950034cb38866d8c26.jpg